Noco Genius charger on woot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All gone.:bang:

Just an FYI as I’ve seen polarized comments on Noco.

So I dug a bit & found Noco is one of the most “tributed” - battery products out there.
(Tribute = not made by Noco, more like made in North Korea)

If yours doesn’t come in a matte sheen inked box, and without an abundance of cardboard dividing / packing, it’s a knock-off.

It’s a well known issue for the tender units - I don’t own any of their jump packs.

Price is generally the big indicator of knock-offs.

HTH

Just an FYI as I’ve seen polarized comments on Noco.

So I dug a bit & found Noco is one of the most “tributed” - battery products out there.
(Tribute = not made by Noco, more like made in North Korea)

If yours doesn’t come in a matte sheen inked box, and without an abundance of cardboard dividing / packing, it’s a knock-off.

It’s a well known issue for the tender units - I don’t own any of their jump packs.

Price is generally the big indicator of knock-offs.

HTH

That’s good to know. I’ve had mine for 3 years and it works great. I saw the cheap price and thought I’d pass it along. I think I paid $70 for mine. I know there are a ton of counterfeit products that get passed off on amazon and eBay. I guess that follows the old saying if it’s too good to be true it probably is. A buddy Of mine ordered one so I’ll check his out. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah. it was weird how it was “ Noco is great “ -or- “Noco is trash”.

I saw where Noco posted themselves that they are aware of the knock-offs.

I know I still have at least 1 of the real Noco boxes stuffed with random pigtails- I have a Genius 3-bank & the grey boxed 4-bank (more modular, forget name) - so I can show pics / real pkg materials vs whatever people get.

——————

***As a warning, a boat owner who came through my uncle’s shop had a knockoff trickle unit scorch & burn a chunk of the transom wall (plywood mount-wall on the AL hull) - if it hadn’t been an AL boat, it could have been a full loss.

So even the trickle units are dangerous junk if not real Noco***

HTH - look closely at what you get, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom