No Crank out of no where (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Then I guess even though you have voltage at the posts you have a voltage drop when current is trying to flow. Do you know how to test for a voltage drop?

Does the starter click when you hit the key? Aka does the starter solenoid actuate with the key?

This a MT or AT?

Last edited:
Then I guess even though you have voltage at the posts you have a voltage drop when current is trying to flow. Do you know how to test for a voltage drop?

Does the starter click when you hit the key? Aka does the starter solenoid actuate with the key?

This a MT or AT?
So I decided to put the old starter back on and started right up.

I will keep you posted if it keeps up.

Nice. Wonder if the starter wires are failing.

Just about the only thing I can think of other than total random chance that the starter failed in conjunction with the oil change.

Considering the wires are in the vicinity of the oil filter... if they got moved or touched and broke continuity. Then janking them around on a couple starter re n re's the stars aligned again for current to flow.

On voltage drop, take the multi meter on voltage setting and put 1 lead on the starter hot post and the other lead on the positive battery post and crank it. That will show you how many volts are being lost due to resistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom