No brainer clean your MAF sensor! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Duane

IH8MUD Wookie
Threads
So I have been getting a CEL on my 99 recently.
I was at the dealership to get the code checked again..running lean I think it was ..suggested the MAF sensor as the source.
So using the links at the top of the 95+ section that Raydouble has so generously assembled I cleaned my MAF sensor today...holy hand grenades..this has got to be a must pm for anyone with one of these 3.4Litre's. Maybe the previous owner was running a K&N but if not and the buildup on the 3 wires in my MAF sensor is normal..then people need to do this.
Crisper throttle response, more snap etc etc. Maybe this is from cycling power/resetting the ECM but from the spin I just took this is a no brainer thing to do.
Wish I had done this way sooner. I think this is on my spring and fall check list for sure now!
1/2 hour first time through, a $6.50 can of CRC MAF cleaner and wow! 2 items most difficult is getting the boot off the air cleaner assembly to remove and on reassembly of the MAF sensor into I would wiggle the unit in compressing the oring until it is seated and then run the screws in and tighten them. Other than that the write up is excellent! Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom