No 4wd Emblem On Fj (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How come there is no 4wd emblem on the FJ? You would think since this is Toyota's most capable off road vehicle ( according to them ) they would have 4wd somewhere on the truck.
Maybe I can adapt an old fj40 4wd emblem for the rear of the truck.Also how come no shark gills on the front quarter panels or hood like the old fj40.I think that would be a cool look.Maybe somebody will come up with an aftermarket part.If ya'll here of some aftermarket flush mount tail lights please let me know.Cheers.

Try one of these?
Off an FJ55...
2005_0117_061713.JPG

Off topic -

What's the best way to restore the black background portion of an emblem like that? Paint it all then sand off the raised edges?

Yes

Done it several times; most recently restoring the original emblems on a 1956 Ford F100.

1: Spray (Drench) emblem with Easy-Off Oven Cleaner and let sit for 10 minutes.
2: Wipe off oven cleaner with shop rag, and use q-tips to clean inner edges.
3: Rinse and dry
4: Paint Black (Auto spray paint from local parts store)
5: Dry paint and sand the raised edges

The oven cleaner will eat the old-black paint and remove and wax or silicone/solvents...it will even etch the metal (a little) if you leave it on long enough, which preps the metal for paint.

Good Luck

I have a spare stock FJ40 style (not the best of shape) emblem that I tried to position on an FJ Cruiser to look right. The rear end is just too busy for any more emblems IMO. I even have a raggedy old Toyota emblem that I did the same with, with no luck in coming up with a good looking position, even with ignoring the stuff that comes on it. The best option I imagined, was removing all the factory stuff, and sticking the Toyota and 4 Wheel Drive emblems on the black plastic things over the bumper to mirror an FJ40. This may take a bit of work to pull off successfully though without looking tacky.

I have a spare stock FJ40 style (not the best of shape) emblem that I tried to position on an FJ Cruiser to look right. The rear end is just too busy for any more emblems IMO. I even have a raggedy old Toyota emblem that I did the same with, with no luck in coming up with a good looking position, even with ignoring the stuff that comes on it. The best option I imagined, was removing all the factory stuff, and sticking the Toyota and 4 Wheel Drive emblems on the black plastic things over the bumper to mirror an FJ40. This may take a bit of work to pull off successfully though without looking tacky.
Did you ever figure out how to do retro FJ40 emblems on an FJC rear I too am trying to figure them out. I found the older style 4 Wheel Drive type with 3M tape on back and no mounting studs like the old stock ones had. The curved TOYOTA emblem is a little more probematic for me. Not too sure if you could take a new stock one that is curved and somehow bend it straight without it breaking. Then put super sticky 3M tape on it and attach like that. Oh and also cut off the mounting studs. I was thinking of putting them on the flat part of the rear door above the license plate. The curved spot to the right that's painted under the tail light and the black plastic under that aren't big enough to mount like the FJ40.

The other thought I had was to have someone do a magnet type of emblem/logo what ever you want to call it. Something like the ribbon magnets you see supporting cancer treatment. That would be easier to put on with no adhesive.

toyota emblem.jpg

4wd emblem.jpg

rear 4wd.jpg

Old pic, but I removed the sombrero from the left side and replaced it with the 4WD emblem. I always thought that it was kind of redundant that they put the sombrero right above the words Toyota anyway.
Dig-Dug_2006 (5).JPG

Old pic, but I removed the sombrero from the left side and replaced it with the 4WD emblem. I always thought that it was kind of redundant that they put the sombrero right above the words Toyota anyway.
View attachment 3436630
Oh wow! I like that a lot! Yea, I also thought the "sombrero" Toyota logo looked out of place... I am really glad the front grille doesn't have that one! While I was looking at emblems on Google I saw there are black matte emblems for the rear. (the TOYOTA and FJ Cruiser ones on the back). I may have to look into those. I have replaced some of the "silver" parts (frt grille and door handles) and would like to do more... Thank you for the idea!

I cant answer that question, only toyota can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom