NLA Parts Revival - Toyota Gazoo Heritage Parts Program (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today January 13th, 2023, Toyota Gazoo Racing announced that they were adding the 60, 70, and 80 series to their "Heritage Parts Program".

Previously, they had announced the revival of FJ40 parts, but it seems now they are taking surveys of owners who would like to see NLA parts be made again. I wanted to share the link so we can show our support and influence to make this happen.

- Sark

This is great news.
Do we have an NLA parts thread in the 70-series section? I believe the other sections do, maybe we should start one in conjunction with this news. I've seen posts about part numbers being NLA, might be helpful to organize them into one thread.

Do we have an NLA parts thread in the 70-series section? I believe the other sections do, maybe we should start one in conjunction with this news. I've seen posts about part numbers being NLA, might be helpful to organize them into one thread.

I think we had a thread where it listed parts that we could still order but I think that one died off. Never seen one for NLA parts.

There is a parts thread in the Diesel section of IH8MUD.

The issue with threads like this (and why I locked my NLA thread in the 80 section) is that the thread inevitably becomes one where people request parts. It basically becomes a classifieds thread and I can't stand classifieds in Tech sections.

Or, people post up stuff with no knowledge of how the Toyota parts ecosystem operates and then there are pages of erroneous information about what is NLA because most people don't have real information, have no clue or are absolutely ignorant. Or rely on e-commerce sites to give them information (and these sites have no connection with the truth internal to the Toyota parts system-- they are just trying to sell you a widget).

Anyone can feel free to start a thread and see where it goes.

Apologies for the stupid question (I ask a lot of them), but what is the point of an NLA thread? Multiple public, free websites already confirm when a part is out of production.

@sark that is AWESOME news!!

Apologies for the stupid question (I ask a lot of them), but what is the point of an NLA thread? Multiple public, free websites already confirm when a part is out of production.

@sark that is AWESOME news!!
I mean, people don't really normally search NLA parts I would imagine. Usually you look for the part you need and then find out it's NLA, not the other way around. So, not sure, but I'm guessing people would have their reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom