Nitto Terra Grappler D or E rating? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking at replacement tires for the FJ and got a little confused about the load range. These are the tires for the 16" wheel that I am looking at

LT265/75R16D1 119Q B $120

LT265/75R16E1 123Q B $130

or, if I keep the 17" wheel that comes with the truck

P265/70R-17 113S B $120 (I didn't see any in this size with a higher rating)

The truck will be a daily driver with offroading when time permits. I have not been in a while and plan on using my FJC to get back into it. (Paragon, Rouch Creek type terrian) What load range do I need? Is there such thing as overkill?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,
granger

E rated tires are real stiff in the side wall, usually meant for real heavy loads. The FJ is not that heavy and you may suffer on ride quality. Even on my heavy 80 series, i hated the e-rated tire I ran for a while. Just my experence. later robbie

Speaking of tires what kind were on the original concept? Are those moon tires still availabe?

I just bought a set of 315/75-16s for my 80 and they are Load Range D.

D range tires are fine. I used E range tires before on my Tacoma and they worked fine though. The sidewalls are thicker and they don't bulge as well.

It may come down to availability. I would be happy with either one.

Thanks for the input!

Looks like the D rated will be just fine. The place I found to mount the tires offers a road hazard policy for any fault (see offroad) for only $8 a tire so I should be covered no matter what happens. :)

Again, thanks!!!

how do you know the FJ will accept your 16 inch rim. Have you got backspace stats and confirmation the calipers will clear?

It would be neat if I could throw my 80 rims with ATs on the FJ to try it out.

semlin said:
how do you know the FJ will accept your 16 inch rim. Have you got backspace stats and confirmation the calipers will clear?

It would be neat if I could throw my 80 rims with ATs on the FJ to try it out.

Well, to be honest nothing that comlicated. I have a buyer for my 17" alloys and tires and planned on getting the TRD 16" wheels that were designed for the FJC.

got a link to the trd rims? I'd be interested in their specifications.

thanks for the link, that gives prices for a bunch of other FJ accessories which is very helpful.

Is that price really $550 for five 16 x7.5 toyota factory 6 bolt alloy rims or is that the price per rim? they are not my style but at the former price they would give the 16x8 steel wheels for the 80 a run for their money.

http://www.trdsource.com/Pictures/TRD WHEELS.pdf

hard to believe, but yes. shhhh, don't tell anyone. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom