Newby Introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, what's up everyone. Just thought I'd give a quick shout out to the group.

My name is Ben and I've owned by 2000 LC for about years now. No mods to speak of yet other than removing my running boards and I'm stepping up to the 285/75/16 Revo2's this weekend. Probably going to crank the torsion bar a bit soon thereafter to level things out. It's not likely that I'll turn her into an off-road beast anytime soon but could very well see myself adding sliders and other upgrades in the future.

I really haven't had the opportunity to take my ride off road much at all these past two years (had a couple kiddos, moved, etc) but am anxious to do so. I'm located in Rogers and was thinking about checking out Wheeling World over in Eureka. Anyone have first hand experience with that place?

Anywho, glad to be here and I'll post some pics of the LC when I get a chance.

Cheers!

Welcome Ben. We look forward to seeing you on the trails with us. There seems to be a rather large group of you guys up in the North West. Now you know it's mandatory you post a picture of your rig, if not there will be punishment by club law ;)

Welcome Ben. We look forward to seeing you on the trails with us. There seems to be a rather large group of you guys up in the North West. Now you know it's mandatory you post a picture of your rig, if not there will be punishment by club law ;)

Indeed! I'll post a few pics later this weekend after the new tires are on.

Wheeling world will ruin your new shoes pretty fast. Sharp rocks and lots of throttle are what I took away from it.

Alrighty, here's a pic with the new 285/75/16 Revo2's.

image.jpg

I just picked up an 80 myself and plan on taking it down next weekend. Have spent a good bit of time there (grew up in that area and know the owner). Have friends with an older wrangler and another with a built zuki. We have a blast down there, but can count on scraping some paint with branches and dragging bottom a good bit if you try out too many of the trails. They are having a fund raiser for a little boy with bad diabetes to buy him a trained dog that can sense when his blood sugar drops. Be a good weekend just to come over and watch some hill climb competitions, etc. Hit me up if you decide to come over, I am in Bentonville.

I just picked up an 80 myself and plan on taking it down next weekend. Have spent a good bit of time there (grew up in that area and know the owner). Have friends with an older wrangler and another with a built zuki. We have a blast down there, but can count on scraping some paint with branches and dragging bottom a good bit if you try out too many of the trails. They are having a fund raiser for a little boy with bad diabetes to buy him a trained dog that can sense when his blood sugar drops. Be a good weekend just to come over and watch some hill climb competitions, etc. Hit me up if you decide to come over, I am in Bentonville.

Thanks for the invite but it's not looking like I would be able to make it out there this weekend. Maybe some other time.

On a side note, I had a ton of 100K maintenance done recently and the truck is driving better than the day I bought it two years ago..

Here's what I had done..

• new CV axles
  • new plugs
  • new fuel filter
  • new front brakes
  • front and rear diff fluids changed
I delayed doing the timing belt for now but at some point in the next 20-40K miles I know I'd better get it taken care of..

Another Newbie

What's up guys! Also just joined up, from Fort Smith. Been around FJ40's for about 15 years. My Dad has a 1979 FJ40 that I drove in high school. Got out of wheelin for a while and now ready to jump back in. A few months back I purchased a 1972 FJ40 and have been doing some minor things to get the "Old Yeller" ready for some fun. Look forward to meeting you guys on the trails soon

LC1.jpg

nuthin like a lindsey apts! They will sue you for wall damage/carpet damage if youre not careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom