Newbie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to forum and just getting started in the joy of my FJ.

Suggestions on rear/front bumper..... go!!!

Thanks,
Al

I have Demello bumpers front and rear on mine and they have served me well, but I have installed most different brands of front bumpers on other people's trucks, and the ones that impressed me the most are the RockTek tube bumper and the Expedition One plate bumper. Both are extremely well designed, laid-out, and strong. If I was doing mine all over, it would be either of those.

Welcome... I've run a ARB bumper and it is solid and a good look but very heavy... Now I run Metal Tech tube bumper and have never looked back. if you like the tube style you can't go wrong with Metal Tec.

here's a video on both. FJ Bumper Video

MetalTech bumpers are very nice indeed, I've got a buddy that has one.
I wanted more coverage for my winch and also a brushgaurd on the bumper so I went with the Warrior Products front bumper and bash plate. Very very happy. It's also a local company for me....well, same as MT. :)

The previous owner of my 2007 installed an ARB up front and a Warn in the back.

The ARD has held up and still looks good. The Warn is rusting. Stay away from the Warn.

Weight is very important to me so I have been waiting for something better to come along in the five years I've had my FJ. I can't get excited about putting a 200 pound battering ram (the weight of many bumpers plus winch) on the front it. So the recently released Demello aluminum plus Warn M8000 with synthetic line is going to be mounted up on my rig soon. It may be somewhat inferior at taking out herds of antelope but otherwise it should be adequate. I liked the Metaltech too which has a very competitive weight also but ended up preferring the plate versus the tube bumper style. And as far as plate bumpers are considered, IMO the Demello looks like what the FJC should have come from Toyota with.

^^ I agree, love Jason's stuff. I'll be curious as to your total weight, my steel Demello w/single hoop/Warn 8k/100' of synthetic weighed in at 135 lbs.

Please post up some pics when you get it installed...:beer:

I went with the FabFour pre-runner winch bumper on mine.

http://www.fabfours.com/fabfourspremiumbumpers/toyota/fjbumpers/0713winchbumperwprerunnerguard

Almost went with Metal Tech's Tube Bumper or the Demello Evil Eye bumper, but settled with FabFour instead. I have had it for a couple of months now and I really like it!

FJ2013.jpg

Welcome aboard!!!

Given my style of driving that is mostly expedition travel, I went with the ARB on my 2007 FJ and since I traded it for a 2013 I put an ARB bumper on it as well. I have the All-Pro APEX for my rear bumper.

To me, this is the best combination... :)

cheers,

dale

I have the ex one bull bar and love it but I had problems with the powder coating. I would get mine bare metal and paint it or have it painted.

I have the ex one bull bar and love it but I had problems with the powder coating. I would get mine bare metal and paint it or have it painted.

Coverage and durability are better with powder coating. I suspect most fabricators use an industrial powder coating company to do their work which is typically not as good as a custom powder coater. Find a smaller PC shop and the results will be night and day for quality and durability.

Coverage and durability are better with powder coating. I suspect most fabricators use an industrial powder coating company to do their work which is typically not as good as a custom powder coater. Find a smaller PC shop and the results will be night and day for quality and durability.

I took my bumper and rock rails off and had them media blasted. I then took them to a local tractor trailer repair shop, they put some epoxy paint on them. They have a great finish now and all of it was reasonably priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom