Newbie with offer to buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks, newbie here to do some research on a possible purchase. I’ll post under the appropriate forum. But the quick version is a friend getting up in age, has a 78 garage (built and driveable) with a 350. He wants me to have it and offered what I “THINK” is a good deal. I drove it 2-3 years ago and he has since. He told me he will sell it to me for 10,000. Anyone have any thoughts that could help me out? Mind you, I may do a little off roading but more of a”cool” and rare truck to cruise here in the south with my son. I recently sold a Chevelle and miss the nostalgia.

8254F794-69C5-432A-9DA6-904C94723419.jpeg

Beautiful. I'd say if you got the money, and you like it, go for it. I'm a sucker for nostalgic vehicles too. It looks to be well taken care of.

Thanks...pulling the trigger in saturday. May have it towed the 200 miles home or do a fluid check (will definitely do a quick oil change), throw in some new fuel and burn off some of the Dust. Friend said he has short doors, extra top, back seat and all kinds of extras he need to throw in too😬. As long as the fluids check good, im Tempted to just cruise it...that sounds like the more fun route, versus the safe and unsatisfying tow option

Depending on how long it has sat, the biggest thing I would make sure of is if the brakes work. i.e. to make sure they aren't froze, and that they do stop you. As long as you have brakes, and it runs fine, I'd definitely cruise it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom