newbie question.....how do i measure for shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
simple question, i have a 40 with unknown lift and i want to get new shocks. it does have a shackle reversal if that makes any difference. thinking blistens of some sort. is there a simple trick for measuring without having to go through whole process of finding extended and compressed limits? i is only going to get light wheeling and daily driving.

thanks
andy

ok, i found this posted by FF LC FREAK in another post.

"If you're confused about which ones to get, you need flex out your rig and measure. Do the following:

1. Jack up your right front and left rear as high as they will go - do this at the same time to fully compress your suspension.
2. Measure your eye to eye distance on right front and left rear. This is your compressed length.
3. Lower tires to the ground.
4. Jack up the right front using the frame until the tire comes off the ground. Let suspension fully droop. Make sure your brake lines are not hanging up the suspension.
5. Measure eye to eye distance. This is your extended length.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 on the rear."

question here is do i remove the shocks i current have on it to take these measurements? i am guessing yes, but like i said i have never done this before.

looks like i really need to find my true extension and compression measurements. if there is another way, please post up.

thanks
andy

Andy either use the shocks you have on to get your measurements or that procedure you posted will work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom