1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie Hello

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by goodtwin, Mar 6, 2007.

1. goodtwin

goodtwin

So I've been scopin' this site for awhile and decided I'd really like to join you guys. I've got an '84 fj60 that I did SOA awhile ago (I'll post some stuff in the registry when I get a chance) but I still got a ton of stuff that I want to do and alot of questions to go along with it all. Just thought that I'd say hello and that I'm glad to be on here. Great resource of info!

2. cody c

cody c

welcome to the forum, tons of good info on this board. just try to search first especially for simple questions or you'll get a hard time.;) Id like to see some pics of the SOA, if you have any post em up.

3. chicago

chicago

Media:
    Albums:
    welcome NEWBIE!!!!
    Although if you did the SOA yourself, I wouldnt really consider you a newbie like I was when i frist got on here!:D

Chicago

4. Pathfinder

Pathfinder I am the STIG

welcome :flipoff2: the offical mud greeting!!

Post some pics of your SOA.

5. goodtwin

goodtwin

I'll post some pics (if I got some) when I dig through a pile of pictures. All film, no digital. But I'll post somethin' after awhile.

6. dmhansen

dmhansen

hey man.
    How do you like the SOA? how much total lift did you achieve from it?

7. goodtwin

goodtwin

I got atleast 6" and I love it. I had Profitt's do the cut and turn and (they did an awesome job btw) and I did the rest. They sent me a cut and turned axle in the mail and I sent them back my core. Worked perfect. Everything else I just read up on (hours upon hours of research). I just didn't have the confidence to do the cutting myself. Didn't think that I could get it totally square. Someday I'd like to give it a try. And for the price that profitt's charged me, I really couldn't argue.
    Other than that, I used the stock springs and someday I'm gonna take them all apart and put aal's in the packs. The stock springs are really flexy but they like to sag. Go SOA if you're thinking about it.
    This forum has a ton of great info on the process and I still have a ton more that I want/need to do to my cruiser, so that's a good thing. And if you got any questions I might have some answers too.

8. Goode

Goode

"You're my boy blue!" :D

Welcome! I didn't realize how many blue 60's are out there. I like it.

:cheers: