New Years run....? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
Happy New Years all!

I'm going to go up North Main past Jordan River Jan 1st (tomorrow) and see if there is any snow for the landcruiser and kids to play in. If not I'm going to continue up to a look out and cabin at the Kludahk trail and go for a hike. It's 1100m elevation, so if there is any snow, that's where it'll be. If no snow there are nice views etc. up there.

Anyone interested in joining? Could meet at the A&W in Sooke at 9:30am or so? As I'll have my kids along this'll be a family friendly run. Might bring some wood for a fire and hot dogs if anyone is interested in joining....

IMG_20161224_121527045.jpg

SAM_0032.JPG

Last edited:
Ill be up that way doing the same thing. I have no idea what time though. Keep an eye out for my Tacoma.

Colin is also heading up as well as far as I know.

I have a strong feeling there won't be snow this year yet; probably lots of water with that rain storm we just got. But I'm really feeling the need for some fresh air, so will be heading out regardless. Will keep an eye out for you guys for sure!

As there is no interest I won't be stopping at the A&W. Cam and Colin, maybe see you up there somewhere....

Had a good run and found snow. Chained up and went to the end. Didn't see anyone I knew up there. Will post pics when I get some time. Have to feed hungry kids first (and me).

Here's a couple pictures. This snow looks easy, but it was brutal. It was actually the worst conditions I've ever driven in island snow. I think it was a lot of snow that had previously melted down and frozen hard. Then the rain came the last few days and saturated it. So the truck could not float on top, but had to push through the very compact icy/wet snow. I used 4x v-bar chains, duratracs aired down to 15psi and had the rear locked, and it was still a lot of work to get through.... There were no previous tracks to follow on the way up. On the way back in my old tracks it was really easy going of course.
SAM_0104.JPG

SAM_0097.JPG

SAM_0114.JPG

IMG_20200101_123628368.jpg

IMG_20200101_125044365.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom