New to the Forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been reading alot on here. I'm from Olathe, Kansas and just purchased a 2007 GX470. I have sitting in the garage a Ironman 4X4 Stage 4 FoamCell lift kit for it. I'll post pictures of it when it's done. Nothing you haven't all seen before:) she has 182k miles on her and ZERO rust. That was a must when I started looking. Interior is gray and exterior light blue. Non KDSS Model. I intentionally searched for one that had minor issues that cost major money to repair and as such I gave a little over 7800 for it. Secondary air pump issues;) I've purchased all the parts and am currently waiting on the metal gaskets to repair it. I am aware of the bypass for this condition. I would rather just fix it myself and correctly. I love Harleys also. My intentions with this build is to pull my boat to crappie fish and maybe the occasional bug out prep vehicle.(yes I'm that guy) when I'm done I envision a metal Bumper in front, 33" Tires on some kind of wheels with either a minimal offset or minimal backspacers. Haven't yet decided on that. Anyway, there is my intro. My name is Richard but my friends call me dick. (No correlation)

All the IronMan 4X4 Goodies getting ready to raise the bar! There are quite a few parts like panhard bar and swaybar extensions that I'm still trying to understand how to get these dialed in correctly. She's going straight to a alignment shop either way.

20221123_092734.jpg

For the panhard you need either the EIM Keith (weld in) or Dr KDSS (bolt in) bracket to correct the angle. Adjustables are not the answer as they simply change the geometry and don't fix the issue.

For the panhard you need either the EIM Keith (weld in) or Dr KDSS (bolt in) bracket to correct the angle. Adjustables are not the answer as they simply change the geometry and don't fix the issue.
Just so I know we are on the same page. I own a non KDSS Model. Does this still apply? I would be more apt to weld than bolt. More permanent and structurally sound. Thanks

I really struggled with the install on the rear today. It just didn't seem like the shocks lined up correctly. I had to connect the bottoms and pull the tower bolt through in order to put them on. I did notice that I have 2 supports? Connected at the top of the rear Diffrential setup as well as 2 lower supports? Trailing arms I believe. I purchased a 2.5" lift front 2" back. In the kit with a panhard bar also came 2 trailing arms and sway bar extensions. I am assuming the trailing arms are for the Bottom not the top? While I was in there I took a wire wheel to all areas and hit it up with some higher temp primer then a coat of good black paint. The bottom of the shock was just plain and simple a different angle once seated in the tower. I had to pull back the shock good 1-2 inches to get it up through the tower. I'm hoping that once I install the trailing arms tomorrow it will somehow line it up better? Though in my head I don't see how. I also noticed with the kit the dimpled punched out rubber dished caps didn't seat in the holes on top that isolate the shock from the tower. The bottom fit but the top dimpled hole was bigger than the hole in the tower. John at IronMan said to just install it rubber on top of tower with a cupped washer facing down and then the bolt. Any input is appreciated.

You only need the 3 washers for the upper shock mount. It will go, from top to bottom, metal washer, rubber bushing, GX frame, metal washer, rubber bushing, metal washer, shock. I ran into this issue on my 470 and at first Ironman assured me that all 4 metal washers were needed. I ended up showing them parts diagrams from Toyota indicating that the 470 only needs 3 washers while the later 460 needs 4. They agreed and I'm running 3. I love my Foam Cell Pros but it's unfortunate they haven't yet updated their instructions.

Good to know! Still messing with the front now. I noticed my rear axle is cocked about an inch. I'll try to adjust it out with the trailing arms. The upper control arm ball joint was seized solid and it took a heck of alot to finally get it to break free. I'm going to run up and get a ball joint pusher puller. I just need it to make it to an alignment place:) it's been a journey and quite a bit more than I thought. Everything is fighting me. Nothing worth having is easily acquired I guess. Thanks for the reply.

Just doing the finishing touches on the IronMan lift. The issues I was having with my back shocks was due to the rear end moving 1-2" back on the driver side and since it's tied to a fulcrum point it's the opposite on the passenger side. Have to jack it back up in the rear and do some trailing arms adjusting to take it to the alignment shop. Speaking of alignment shops? Should I be looking for a more specialized shop in lifts to do the sum of all the adjustments? Or will a basic Firestone work? Any opinions is appreciated! Thanks

Any decent alignment shop should be able to handle your lifted GX. Just give them the Ironman alignment specs that came with the lift.

Any decent alignment shop should be able to handle your lifted GX. Just give them the Ironman alignment specs that came with the lift.
Alignment Specs? I'll give Ironman a call as I didn't see any with the products recieved.

They should have a one-page sheet that lists the alignment specs (at least my FCP came with one). My local tire shop handled the alignment no problem and the GX drives great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom