NEW to PIGS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up my 1st 55 sunday. It had been sitting for 10 -12 years. The front floorboards are gone but that can be fixxed. Got the 69 smurf on white home put on a water pump, starter, and alternator, cleand the carb, put in a battery and it started right up. Then I cleaned the fuse contacts put in new fuses and every thing works. Wipers, lights, blinkers and rear window. I just new to get a few bulbs. 2 new tires and a tag. I got the sheet meta lto fix the floor boardss today. and bucket seats to replace the rotten seats in it now. I'll be postin a few parts needed in the next couple days if any bodys got a 69 to part out. I'll be getting the 71 in a few days and its got lots of parts i mite get rid of. so look for that in the neat week or so.

Welcome! Ain't it great to buy a rig and do a few routine maintenance things and have it start right up? I am just down the road if you ever need a hand.

Ginzu
Russellville, AR
76 FJ55 X 2

I'll remember that your near by. We could go eat and talk cruisers. Ozark has this smokehouse rib place...........aw man, yum yum.

Pig fever huh?... I thought I had the "pork pox" when I was knee deep in one...
Currently drowning in two.

Good luck with it!

I got the brakes and clutch going. just need tires drivers floor and 4 bucket seats. and side cargo windows

Figured out what to do. I got one running gonna be a dd/hunt truck. The other is gonna get the guts from my fj 40. I ll have guts from the 71 soon. Check out the MY55 project in the hard core corner ....
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=131786

Looks like pig fever has come to Razorbackland. I know of at least five locally in R-ville. Best of luck with the revival of yours. Where'd it sit for so long? ty

I Got the floor rot cut out and the new metal cut to go in. Washed all it moss off of it. It looks alot better. I got the tires mounted just got to put them on so it will roll. Windows are on "order", Thanks rat partol. I figure out the pictures some day.

I got some of the body work figured out the last couple weeks. Pulled all the panels from doors and rear an got stuff to make new ones. I had the original wheels sand blasted painted an tires put on. Pulled gas tank cleaned it out put it back in and filled it up. LEt it run for 15 minutes ran cool and loud. Bought a mufler today.

This is a picture from the day I rescued Luigi 5 weeks ago.

attachment.php

68 Fj55  B.JPG

Man, back sugery can kill all your plans.

I finnally felt like messin with the two pigs, now that it has cooled off and I can walk upright.

Got the twins side by side for swappin fenders, doors and tail gate.

Still aint put in the floors yet, but that will be done soon I hope.

Sweept all the leaves and crap out of the 71 and found the old hand crank for the motor. SAWEET.

Just hought Id say hey and giva a little update.

The other 55 body is in alot better condition.....but luigi runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom