New to MUD with a new 1987 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They came with 28" tires and no lift also, and many of us ripped those off as well. :)

I think a nearly stock cruiser, with great paint and chrome looks awesome. My paint and chrome did not look awesome, so I took it off. The chrome does hide rust.

One of the great things about this hobby is that you can do what you want with your truck.

No doubt. It's one's own rig to do what one wishes with it just like any other vehicle.
Sometimes on here there just seems to be this anti factory chrome trim movement which personally i just don't get.
Hey some rigs look good with the right tastefully done blackout. Some also look like s***.
Just an opinion though.;)

I have nothing against the blackout. But, I think the white with brown works with the chrome. As long as it looks good, I'm gonna rock it. Now if only I could get a chrome ARB Bull bar and roof rack.... Just kidding.

NEFJ60 said:
Hey All,

I've been looking around here for a while and actually found this beauty for sale on the site. I bought it in Seattle, shipped it to Boston, and I'm moving to northern Jersey in a couple months. She arrived last night and already passed inspection today. One headlight was out, but I told the guy I'm gonna put in H4s and upgrade the wiring harness and he passed me anyway! This was an Arizona truck for 20 years and was in Seattle for the past 5 years. No rust and only minor dings. It has a bit of a sag, and the tires are in need of replacement. Hopefully I can start a project thread and keep you guys up-to-date on my progress. I look forward to meeting some of you and continuing to learn from everyone here!

That's a sweet ride. I saw the listing (I believe it's the same) on CL. Glad you got it! Enjoy!

Super tidy looking truck man, love the white and chrome, id have kept mine, but it got trashed during th build up. but i do love the snake blinders (chrome under the doors) thats one thing i will be putting ack on mine! and as stated welcome to the addiction.
you just need to get an aussie gab bar on that dash and you will be set!

Thanks for all the compliments. Hopefully I can do well by the truck and really keep it looking good. No rust underneath and now I'm having it in the North East. I'm gonna have to figure something out for rust prevention soon. Would everyone agree with using POR 15?

awesome rig! Im also a new fj owner and Im loving mine. I think we have the same color, but the PO took my stripes off. post more pics. :cheers:

Hey guayo89 I saw your thread the other day. Congrats on "Buttercup". Two nice white 60's pretty close to one another. Hope you get yours running well very quickly. I'm waiting a bit to name mine. I have to have a good handle on the personality, first.

Hey guayo89 I saw your thread the other day. Congrats on "Buttercup". Two nice white 60's pretty close to one another. Hope you get yours running well very quickly. I'm waiting a bit to name mine. I have to have a good handle on the personality, first.

haha! thanks! and im working hard on making mine running right. I just paid for a new 3rd member so that should be here soon. Mine also has 159k on the clock. how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking.

I'll PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom