New to me 2017 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, new member here..... and new to me 2017 land cruiser. I purchased a 2021 white one for my wife a few weeks back and got the urge to get myself one also, esp after finding out about the discontinuation this year. Picked it up with a little over 62,000 miles. Looks like the PO took decent care of it, had a clean 1 owner carfax. Already planning for future mods and whatnot. Have a pioneer rhino rack on order, Installed ARB front recovery points, going to have paint correction and a few dents taken out this month....

Any tips for a first time LC 200 owner would be greatly appreciated! Have already done a lot of reading here and learned a lot already, thanks for the info and glad to be a new LC member here! Wife's white 2021 is going to stay stock for the time being.
landcrsr.jpg

Wow! Congrats and welcome! Talk about going all in! A new one for thy wife and a sweet used rig for you! Tell your wife the UPS guy will be dropping off a lot of heavy boxes, it’s not a problem! Just put them in the garage!!!

You are beginning an epic journey!

Wow! Congrats and welcome! Talk about going all in! A new one for thy wife and a sweet used rig for you! Tell your wife the UPS guy will be dropping off a lot of heavy boxes, it’s not a problem! Just put them in the garage!!!

You are beginning an epic journey!

haha that’s the truth. Thanks!

mods this week were ARB recovery points in the front, and HE wheel set. Dealer changed oil, looked everything over all checked out. Put the cooler insert in from Amazon and got a few recovery gear items.
getting a little steering wheel vibration at 70+mph I’m thinking tires unless anyone has any other ideas. Next week is paint correction, fix a couple dents, and pioneer roof platform.
B101A80A-8104-4C5E-98C2-1605D919083A.jpeg

Also going to delete some/most of the chrome and add the HE LC badge.....

Truck looks great. What was the cost of the HE wheels and how did you get them?

Hello, new member here..... and new to me 2017 land cruiser. I purchased a 2021 white one for my wife a few weeks back and got the urge to get myself one also, esp after finding out about the discontinuation this year. Picked it up with a little over 62,000 miles. Looks like the PO took decent care of it, had a clean 1 owner carfax. Already planning for future mods and whatnot. Have a pioneer rhino rack on order, Installed ARB front recovery points, going to have paint correction and a few dents taken out this month....

Any tips for a first time LC 200 owner would be greatly appreciated! Have already done a lot of reading here and learned a lot already, thanks for the info and glad to be a new LC member here! Wife's white 2021 is going to stay stock for the time being.
View attachment 2676920
Congrats on getting LC. I see you are in TX , would you mind sharing did you buy it locally from dealer private party? and how much did you pay for 62k miles 2017? want to benchmark for a 2016 LC with close to 70k miles i am looking at.

mods this week were ARB recovery points in the front, and HE wheel set. Dealer changed oil, looked everything over all checked out. Put the cooler insert in from Amazon and got a few recovery gear items.
getting a little steering wheel vibration at 70+mph I’m thinking tires unless anyone has any other ideas. Next week is paint correction, fix a couple dents, and pioneer roof platform.
View attachment 2680330
Ask dealer OR Discount Tire to do tire balance using Road Force machine. That should / help the vibration in steering wheel. Discount Tire is probably the easiest (and cheapest) route to go…they are great IMO.

Congrats on getting LC. I see you are in TX , would you mind sharing did you buy it locally from dealer private party? and how much did you pay for 62k miles 2017? want to benchmark for a 2016 LC with close to 70k miles i am looking at.
Thanks! I’m in DFW and found on auto trader at a dealer in Tyler..... 63k delivered to my casa.

View attachment 2680330
I remember that there is a difference in offset between stock and HE wheels. I think it is 56 vs 60 mm. Did that cause any problem or issues? I also have a 2017 LC and looking for HE wheels.

I remember that there is a difference in offset between stock and HE wheels. I think it is 56 vs 60 mm. Did that cause any problem or issues? I also have a 2017 LC and looking for HE wheels.
Didn’t notice any issues driving to the farm and back yesterday. Went full turn no rubbing, stock tire size.

I doubt 4mm is going to matter.

Didn’t notice any issues driving to the farm and back yesterday. Went full turn no rubbing, stock tire size.
Great! It looks awesome. If you don’t mind asking, did you buy new set of tpms that fit the HE wheels or just transferred the existing ones of stock wheel? Thanks

Great! It looks awesome. If you don’t mind asking, did you buy new set of tpms that fit the HE wheels or just transferred the existing ones of stock wheel? Thanks
Thanks! They used the factory TPMS from the old wheels.

Good folks at CB adventure supply in Ft Worth installed my rhino rack. Since my shoulder is healing from an accident I held off lifting it myself. Next step is taking it to Slee in August for a whole bunch of stuff.
E3D3FF1B-A5CB-4789-9367-957D3FE533D9.jpeg

Anyone recommend a brand of vinyl to do the chrome delete? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom