New to Iowa, but not to Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys, been meaning to post up here. I moved to Ames in 2014. My wife took a position at Iowa State and we moved from Colorado where I was an active member of the Rising Sun club for many years. We're both originally from the Midwest, (MI and MN) so we've re-adjusted alright! Looking forward to meeting other cruiser folks in IA. I've owned Cruisers and Toyota trucks for the past 24 years. (3)40's, (2) 60's, (3) mini trucks, a Tacoma, Tundra, etc! Still have an '85 60 a '91 pickup and an '05 Tundra. Haven't done much wheeling in Iowa but love taking my cruiser on road trips and have more planned if any Iowa folks are interested in traveling and exploring in their Toyotas!

Last edited:
Welcome, and condolences lol. Iowa pretty much sucks for 4x4 trails. Check out Miobi if you haven't yet, they have a few cool events and probably better info. I'm about an hour West of Ames and I usually get over there once a month so I'd definitely be interested if you find any decent spots. I have a lot of work to do to mine before it's trail ready though, but it should be ready by summer.

Welcome, We will be doing a spring meeting for a meet and greet and to discuss our annual event. We will post here and Facebook to find a date that works with all or most of us.

Facebook Page

Last edited:
Welcome, We will be doing a spring meeting for a meet and greet and to discuss our annual event. We will post here and Facebook to find a date that works with all or most of us.

Facebook Page
Do you anticipate the event being at Dan's this year or SMORR?

Thanks, I'll try to make a meeting. I don't do facebook but I'll check back here.

Hey, just curious; I passed a farm between Ames and Ankeny that looked to have a couple of 40's and 55's sitting in the yard and an 80 in the driveway! Anyone here? I get the impression not many old Toyotas in Iowa and I'm sure the salt won't have mine lasting long!

Last edited:
Haven't heard of those. We'll have to send out the scouts to recon. LOL

Maybe I'll just stop by one of these days and see if anyone is around or see if I get run off by the dogs or a gun toting owner! The 80 looked like it was a daily driver and the rest look like they have been sitting awhile. Thought for sure it must be someone on Mud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom