New tires for 2015 Taco DCSB TRD O/R (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I would like to get some larger diameter tires for my 2015 Taco DCSB TRD O/R. I have the OEM 16x7 rims and the Sport 17x7.5 rims. I have an OME BP51B lift kit with a 2" lift, Built Right UCAs and 1.25 inch spacers (I had to add them with lift kit). I do mostly road driving so MPG and road noise are considerations. Some occasional off-road use in Death Valley or Anza-Borrego or local mountains. Mostly tame although some trails have caused my passengers to exit the vehicle for brief bits. However, I am tired of creating clearance when off-roading.

Next, I do not want to do a CMC or add wider flares or hack up liners. Mud flaps can be trimmed or removed (which has happened once or twice accidently so there is a message there). I am looking for tires that do not rub given the conditions noted above.

I have looked at BF Goodrich T/A KO2s in LT275/70R17/E 121/118R which are 17 lbs heavier than the OEM tire. Braking and MPG come to mind as concerns.

I have looked at BF Goodrich T/A KO2s in LT255/75R17/C 111/108S. Only 7 lbs heavier than the OEM tire, BUT the weaker sidewalls and off-road might not be a great idea.

So what tire recomendations do the readers have for tires that will not rub and gets me about a 32 inch tire given the lift noted and not wanting wanting to cut or weld? I could go bigger if I can still meet the no cut or weld requierment.

Thank you for your insights.

Abby Normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom