New prop shaft part #? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the annoying clunk (or thud) that many people have described when starting from a stop - or even when coming to a stop.
I thought I'd remedy this once and for all by following the R&R order as part of TSB#0117-08 and have ordered the part number 37110-60B00. The dealer has called me three or four time wanting my VIN (which I gave them) and telling me my vehicle is not part of the TSB #0117-08 and that they don't think this part was involved in any TSB.
My vehicle VIN does appear to fall within the scope of the TSB (the guy later admitted he didn't look at the TSB) and I'm confused why they would say this isnt the part for my 200. Isn't it the only prop shaft for the series??

Hmmm. I can't offer help but I can tell you my 2Hundy was not part of any TSB either. I also had the DS clunks. I bought a new shaft and had it installed. Clunks = gone.

Hmmm. I can't offer help but I can tell you my 2Hundy was not part of any TSB either. I also had the DS clunks. I bought a new shaft and had it installed. Clunks = gone.
That's encouraging. Do you have the paperwork that might list the part number?

I just had my 5th call with the dealer (I am impressed they are really digging into this and being responsive). The part us the right one and it will be shipped out.
They really, really don't want to ship it, but I'm not driving several hours each way to get it!

I'm out of warranty so I'm on my own here.

Do you have the paperwork that might list the part number?

Yes. Part number listed on the invoice is 37110-60B20. It says "DL07 SHAFT ASSY".

Huh. That's interesting. Thanks. On the TSB that part number shows up as a "previous part #" along with 60A70 and 60B50..... and the current one is listed as 60B00.....which numerically wouldn't seem to make a lot of sense.

In the warranty section it lists 60B20 as the OFP - what the heck does OFP mean?

Huh. That's interesting. Thanks. On the TSB that part number shows up as a "previous part #" along with 60A70 and 60B50..... and the current one is listed as 60B00.....which numerically wouldn't seem to make a lot of sense.

In the warranty section it lists 60B20 as the OFP - what the heck does OFP mean?

O...ld
F...UBAR
P...art
?
;)

Original Factory Part?

@NLScooby I know this is an old thread but I may be having the same problem. Did this end up fixing the issue? In my searches, it seemed that some of the 80's and 100's just needed to be greased up. When searching this forum I found this thread. I'd hate to drop $500 to make it stop the thunk. It's not that bad but don't want anything getting worse. Any updates on if you replaced or drove a while longer?

I got a decent deal on a new part and replaced it. One of the best "mods" I made....she's smooth now and I can sleep at night! :cool:

Actually, I was looking at my extended warranty and think it may be covered under it! At least I'm hopeful. If not, did you do it on your own?

Bringing this back to the top, did you guys replace the universal joint at the same time? Trying to figure out what all to order. Thanks!

Bringing this back to the top, did you guys replace the universal joint at the same time? Trying to figure out what all to order. Thanks!

Any complete prop shaft from Toyota will include new joints at both ends

Sorry to dig up this old thread. I've started to hear some noise coming from the rear end of the drive shaft. Going to try to grease it up to see if it fixes the problem. In the case it doesn't is 37110-60B20 still the correct part to order and replace for the 2008 USDM LC 200? Thanks

Sorry to dig up this old thread. I've started to hear some noise coming from the rear end of the drive shaft. Going to try to grease it up to see if it fixes the problem. In the case it doesn't is 37110-60B20 still the correct part to order and replace for the 2008 USDM LC 200? Thanks

Looks like it.

Resurrected once again. I have had to search a bunch of threads to collect the information. There does not appear to be a TSB for the Lexus LX570 version that I can find and the TSB's do not cross-reference. Anyway, looks like the most current rear drive shaft/propeller shaft is the Toyota 37110-60B00 as that is the only part number available for the LC200 or the LX570 from dealers. I have attached the Toyota TSB T-SB-0117-08 Rev2 dated April 7, 2010 Titled: Driveshaft "Thunk"

Attachments

• 2008-2010 DRIVESHAFT THUNK PROBLEM.pdf
    120.4 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom