New OEM windshield making me dizzy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you print out horizontal or vertical lines and have someone move it around while your in the drivers seat that may help. Most common place for glass occlusions (waves) are top right and left hand corners.

Just spitballing, but have you tried wearing polarized sunglasses to maybe see where it's distorted? Not sure how to explain it, but when I'm wearing mine, I can see the cross hatching in some rear window glass. Maybe there's some differences in thickness, and thus light transmission, throughout the glass.

Just spitballing, but have you tried wearing polarized sunglasses to maybe see where it's distorted? Not sure how to explain it, but when I'm wearing mine, I can see the cross hatching in some rear window glass. Maybe there's some differences in thickness, and thus light transmission, throughout the glass.
This is a very good point! When I have polarized sunglasses on I see the waves in my windshield more easily than without

If you print out horizontal or vertical lines and have someone move it around while your in the drivers seat that may help. Most common place for glass occlusions (waves) are top right and left hand corners.
Thank you. I have an appointment with Lexus tomorrow. Apparently they have way to verify the distortion. I would guess it’s similar to your technique

This is a very good point! When I have polarized sunglasses on I see the waves in my windshield more easily than without
I am going to try that. In fact I just bought a set of non-prescription polarized glasses recently to work on laptop.

I am going to try that. In fact I just bought a set of non-prescription polarized glasses recently to work on laptop.
Update

Lexus of Austin was finally able to confirm the distortion. All the senior service advisors could not figure out the defect but the guy who is responsible for cleaning windshield knew how to detect distortion.

He recorded a video that showed distortion in the driver side area. He was able to show it while sitting in the passenger seat as the angle made the distortion very prominent.

Lexus will replace the windshield. Fingers crossed I can get the replacement in soon

Update

Lexus of Austin was finally able to confirm the distortion. All the senior service advisors could not figure out the defect but the guy who is responsible for cleaning windshield knew how to detect distortion.

He recorded a video that showed distortion in the driver side area. He was able to show it while sitting in the passenger seat as the angle made the distortion very prominent.

Lexus will replace the windshield. Fingers crossed I can get the replacement in soon
Kudos for updating us.

That tech needs raise!

Sounds like you are on your way to a satisfactory resolution. I am filing this away in case I need an example in the future. Thanks for sharing.

Polarization to filter out UV rays can cause dizziness I get it when I wear my sunglasses for a long period of time.

Polarization to filter out UV rays can cause dizziness I get it when I wear my sunglasses for a long period of time.
Apparently, what I learnt is that it’s the middle layer between two glasses. Most OEM glass surfaces do not have much or any imperfections, it’s the sandwiching process that can create the waviness, that’s the reason why when they checked the surface by observing reflection they could not see any distortion but they saw it through the glass through camera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom