New Noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have something that would heat it up? (A hair dryer probably won't do). Something like a torch or something... you cook, got a butane torch? Heating that thing will make it easier to loosen....

Just did that and after fighting for about 10 min. I sprayed it down with WD40 and I'll go from there.

WD40 is doing nothing but pissing it off... use PB Blaster or something strong like that... get some big clamp pliers and clamp the crap out of them... maybe that'll work.
Go get a standard socket a size down from the metric and Hammer it on the nurt. That may also work as well...

To rounded I think. I tried that earlier and couldn't get it to grab. I'll get it out eventually.

don't know if it gets hot enough..but you can get the "propane" small tank torches at Lowes or other places...not too expensive.

DId the torch trick and still no budge. Is there any other way to get oil into the diff? Just asking before I drop the shaft again and pull the drive flanges so that I can get it somewhere to get the plug out.

What's your address?
Mt. Olive?

WD40 is doing nothing but pissing it off...
too funny.

Matt, sorry I wasn't on the computer yesterday so I didn't see this. I've got my old 110 arc welder just sitting on a shelf collecting dust. Your welcome to use it(or just keep it really since I won't use it again.) It doesn't make the prettiest welds but it will weld a nut or socket on that fill plug. If I had read this last night I would have loaded it in the car this morning. you could also just pump the oil into the drain plug hole - get a cheap drill powered pump at Harbor Freight or lowes, some fittings and a tube that would make a tight fit in to the hole. put the suction end in a large container of gear oil and fire up the pump. you would have to overfill a little to account for the spillage when you go to put the plug back in.

I was going to pull one of my drain plugs, load the welder in the truck and head up after work today.... but Matt's arc welder idea is better. if it's that stuck... it's gonna need a heavy weld bead on it me thinks...
It needs to be fixed so might as well go ahead and order you up a new plug.

thought that too... but hey!

Matt I'll take you up on the offer for the welder and go from there and I thought the same thing after the heat from welding it'll just break loose. Eric thanks for the offer to come up but no need to drive all this way just for that. It's part of the learning curve. And again thanks to both of you. I owe you large amounts of Q once everything settles down.

Just wanted to say thanks to Matt and Eric for all the help in my repair. Finally got it done this morning and have taken it for a test drive and everything seems okay. You guys were right about the drain plug. I couldn't get a good bead laid down so I decided to just give it a try with the vice grips and it let go right off.

awesome news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom