New members New members! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am completely slacking. Welcome to the following that joined before GSMTR but I did not update:
1) xx
2) Cliff T. (not on Mud)
3) xx

Glad to have you!
Cliff, aka @MallCrawler69, has a gorgeous 40. Welcome!

Don't have one yet but working on it.... at least I have Toyotas. Shunnnn me if you wish. Hope to tag up for a ride in the mean time.

Ole' Red - 1999 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 2.7L 3RZ-FE 4x4 SR5 All Manual Build

Circling back...

IMG_0473.JPG

I've been a lurker on mud for awhile and finally decided to join. Don't currently have a cruiser but do have a T100 and im in the market for an 80 or lx450. Does it matter if i just join with my T100 for now?
Welcome back JhadT! He only fell off the roster because of an email address typo. My bad :cautious:

If you have not been receiving the monthly newsletters, or are not sure of your membership renewal, please let me know. Also, if you set up the old autopay to the club's .net paypal account, we don't use that anymore so please cancel it in your paypal settings. We are currently working on creating a new one for info@upstatecruisers.com but dont have it yet.

So this is now yours??? Give us the story!!

It was a Craigslist find.... PO said it came from Florence. The original owner before supposedly had it in Greer...? I responded relatively quickly to the add and went and saw it. Looked it over, took a test drive, and all seemed relatively good with exception of the roof. The PO was willing to let me take it to @Trollhole and actually drove it down himself and waited with me while they tinkered with it. After a drive with Mr. M, I figured worst case scenario, I could just do a basic patch job and go have fun. Turns out since the rest of the truck is in good enough condition (no rust underneath, major mechanicals functioning well enough and relatively manageable, and the rest of the body in decent shape) I decided to start working on getting the roof properly fixed to maybe keep long term.

We will see how easy or hard a task this turns out to be.

Update: found a donor truck but some have suggested it could be revived too, by the right person with enough desire. There are a few things I plan to keep off of it but the truck I have is not missing much (that I absolutely have to have).

Body repair shops say getting a factory (Toyota) roof panel would be the easier route however these OEM roof panels seem to be hard to find or are way expensive! Currently shopping to see what I can find. I would rather not put another LC out of commission by chopping the roof off, unless someone wants to put rails and make a crawler...

I have a top that I will sell pretty cheap. Needs some work, but the top fiberglass is good.

Whatever the top of the hardtop is made of, I just assumed it was fiberglass

Whatever the top of the hardtop is made of, I just assumed it was fiberglass

Gotcha.

FJ62 should be all metal. Some 40’s have fiberglass. To be sure, I was looking to chop the roof off a 60 or 62.

I have a donor truck but I hate to chop it if someone could potentially revive it. I’ll probably be moving forward with the chop this week though.

To reply in short.... unless you have a 60 or 62 in good enough shape I can chop the roof off of for under $500 here in the upstate in he next week, I don’t look to postpone things any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom