New member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Greetings from South Africa.

I drive a 2009 model 79 series single cab with the 4500 EFI motor.

Seen here in her natural environment

Regards

087.JPG

Welcome. South Africa, nice. Where from?
I spent quite a few visits to Mbombela and all over Mpumalanga. Best regards Ralf

Welcome. South Africa, nice. Where from?
I spent quite a few visits to Mbombela and all over Mpumalanga. Best regards Ralf
Hi Ralf, the picture was taken in Namibia recently. I am from a town called Paarl in the Western Cape.
Regards

Nice. I have been there. Great wine🍷 .
Always happy to see some Landcruiser stuff from SA other than gamedrive vehicles 😀
And you also have a great offroad industry with nice parts and accessories; not all good stuff is coming from AU only. (Although your tent appears to be US Bundu).
Cheers Ralf

Thanks Ralf, wine paradise here.
Yes we have a very large Landcruiser following here.
Australian products are very popular here as well.
Correction, the Bundutop is manufactured in South-Africa and exported worldwide.

The picture is from a magical place called Namtip lodge in Namibia.
Regards

20221216_122441.jpg

Ah. To be honest, I quickly googled it and only came across the US site. No offense.
Was wondering already, as I know bundu is SA term for bushland. My favorite liquor store was 'Bundu Bigtime' and Bundu bashing is a great sport 😂 Cheers Ralf

Welcome from Namibia AndreV. Lots of useful information on this forum. And we can cry on each other's shoulder about the fuel consumption of that 4500 EFI, but it is worth it

Welcome. What rear bumper do you have on the Ute? Can you post some pictures? I am going to build a rear bumper for mine hopefully this coming month
Thanks, The bumper is a Gobi-X manufactured in South-Africa. Very well built unit with solid swing arms. Regards

Welcome from Namibia AndreV. Lots of useful information on this forum. And we can cry on each other's shoulder about the fuel consumption of that 4500 EFI, but it is worth it
Thanks Basie, yes, average 5,3 km/l is what it is. The odometer slightly under reads by around 1%. I had a 1HZ before and the EFI is a real joy to drive.
Namibia is my favorite destination.

Thanks Basie, yes, average 5,3 km/l is what it is. The odometer slightly under reads by around 1%. I had a 1HZ before and the EFI is a real joy to drive.
Namibia is my favorite destination.

Hello,

x2 on the EFI as a joy to drive. Lots of power on and off road, especially with late model units.

Your 79 Series looks great. The Namib desert makes it look like it is in its natural habitat.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom