New member here (Lowell Area) need a stock exhaust (Lexus LX470). (1 Viewer)

Hi,

Just recently purchase a 98 LX470..excited about the purchase and ready to start building. However, I’m looking to do some preventative maintenance. Figured I starts off asking the local for a shop to do the timIng belt. Background on the vehicle.... it has 126,000 miles with 3 owners. My plans are to do a 2.5’ lift with 35’ tires for light off-road during the weekend. Currently, I’m fixed replaced the antenna, did an oil change, put a new T hose, fixed the driver side window motor and replaced hood/tailgate struts.

The stock exhaust was rusted out and created a hole yesterday. I’ve checked Toyota and Lexus dealerships....and wanted $700 just for the muffler. God damn!!! Wondering if anyone local has a old stock one laying around. I hate driving around with the loud exhaust.

Thanks and I did appreciate the help for a newbie!
Kyle

If you don't want to do it yourself. Take it to R&D Custom Exhaust in Billerica. They will fix it right up for you.

If you don't want to do it yourself. Take it to R&D Custom Exhaust in Billerica. They will fix it right up for you.

I have an appointment today at 1pm. Hopefully it’s similar to stock. I love the smooth and quietness is the stock exhaust.

i just did a Borla exhaust on my 99 100 Series. did it myself... got the whole cat-back system on amazon and dropped on my doorstep during COVID.

Here's a link to my install details in a thread with others:

this link is also helpful, but dangerous:
What have you done to your 100 Series this week?
Thanks for the recommendation but I prefer the stock ones or something similar to that sounds. Although the Borla is much quieter than most aftermarket exhaust. And I appreciate the link..and it is dangerous when it come to modding cars. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom