New Member, 2017 Taco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all! New to the forum, but not new to Tacomas or Toyotas in general. My current Taco is a Barcelona Red, 2017 TRD OR DCSB 4x4 auto. It's my third Tacoma after having a 2014 TRD Baja TX and a 2016 TRD OR as well (long story). Anyway, finally settled in with this one, and I really have no complaints...great truck! I'm also over on TW, and I'm looking forward to being a member here as well.

A few years back I had a 1991 FJ80 RHD while I was stationed in Okinawa...loved that truck! I'm honestly still upset that I didn't try to bring it back to the States with me, and I am constantly looking for a potential replacement all the time. Not sure I would have liked dealing with the RHD in the US, but I guess I'll never know! I'm also currently on the hunt for a 60 series, which was another reason for joining the thread; to learn as much as I can from those who have gone before, potentially contribute any lessons I may learn along the way, and who knows...might find a good deal on one with a little help.

Anywho, just wanted to say hello and glad to be here! Pic of my current obsession (money pit):

2017Taco.jpg

Well let me be the first to offer up the official ‘Mud welcome: :flipoff2:

Now that that’s out of the way, I’ll say nice Taco! I’ve had a few Land Cruisers that I wish I still had. My disgustingly mint BJ60 comes to mind along with a few 40s that are gone. There is a lot of knowledge here, without the TW BS. Enjoy your time here!

Haha, thanks! Looking forward to soaking up the knowledge, and a little less BS. :) Now to find me another LC...

That looks amazing, whawk26! For the life of me, I can't seem to determine the wheels that you have (poor eyesight). By any chance, are they KMC wheels? I'm planning to buy a new set online and I'm still sorting out my options.

That looks amazing, whawk26! For the life of me, I can't seem to determine the wheels that you have (poor eyesight). By any chance, are they KMC wheels? I'm planning to buy a new set online and I'm still sorting out my options.

Thanks! The wheels are actually Stealth Custom Series (SCS) Ray 10's in matte jet black. Normally the fake bead lock bolts would be stainless steel, but I bought an extra set and painted them flat black to match the wheel. I'm eventually going to swap them out for some SCS F5's or SCS Stealth 6's. Or maybe some RAYS from Volks Racing when I eventually get rich! The wheels are running Cooper ST Maxx in 255/80/17...great tire!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom