New KZJ90 owner and already have a question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I'm in the process of registering my 96 3.0l KZJ90, and to get a VIN check the shop says they need to scan the truck with through a OBD port.
Has anyone else encountered this or a similar issue with the OBD port. I also can not find any OBD or diagnostic ports on the truck.
Thanks for any help on this.

Update: since it is a diesel, and in the states diesels didn't need OBDII till 97. I'm going to try and find another shop and lead with it being a diesel and hope that I get lucky.

There is a small diagnostic port in the engine bay, but it is not OBD. Is there any reason the VIN plate is not acceptable?

There is a small diagnostic port in the engine bay, but it is not OBD. Is there any reason the VIN plate is not acceptable?
I think its Toyota's own in-house system called TDCL. You have to have a special scanner to read the codes.

I think its Toyota's own in-house system called TDCL. You have to have a special scanner to read the codes.
You can use a jumper and read the codes from the dash too. Explained on 6-8 in the Haynes Prado manual with a list of codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom