New injector - 97 3rd Gen 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Two Buck

SILVER Star
Threads
My daughter's 4Runner is throwing a P0301 error code, so I decided it's probably a bad fuel injector and I'm replacing it. I ordered a reman one from Rock Auto, I opened up the intake plenum and pulled the fuel rail, pulled off the old injector -- and the new one is slightly different.

The hole pattern in the tip is different, and it came with a rubber grommet that none of the existing injectors have. So... I'm inclined to install it without the grommet since none of the other 3 have one and aside from the holes in the tip it's identical.

Advice, anyone?

Here's the injector w the grommet removed, just like all the others.

injector-no-grommetres.png

...and here's a picture I pulled off Google sort of showing it with it.
injector-w-grommet.jpg

that grommet that your missing on the new one is the cushion that it sits in in the head, you will need a new one. it looks like the pic that you got off of google just has the cushion stuck on it, some times they stay in the head some times they stick to the injector

It's best to not use aftermarket injectors. A good way to go is to get some refurbished ones from a place like Motorwest Performance in Southern California that we used in this video. The link to Motowest Performance is in the video description.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom