New HiLIft ponderings........ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I just bought a new 48'' HiLift for my Hanna dual swingout. He has built a 45degree platform on the bottom of the swingout for securing the stand of a HiLift by use of a built in peg that fits neatly inside 1 of the stand holes.
The problem is the space between that peg and the tire carrier brace is just not allowing the stand to fall in flush over the peg.....i.e..the stand is too wide to fall flush over the peg.
I am certain this isn't a Hanna thing as they sell like hotcakes and ppl would have had something to say about this many times b4 me........This leads me to believe that HILIFT has altered their stand by addind some width.

Question : How do I now lock in the bottom of the HiLift?
I see no reason to write Hanna as his excellent fabrication is not at fault.

Last edited:
Can't you change this problem with a drill and an appropriate sized bit? How about swapping a "foot" with another club member? I have seen several other Hanna bumpers and both were sporting Hi-Lifts with no issues.

Gonna bore the hole somewhat bigger tomm.......I see no reason why that should not fix my problem...........Thanks CD for the advice.....

John, your always welcome to my torch setup... :D

We can make anything fit :cool:

Seriously though, I have 4-5 different Hi-Lifts around here, we could see if the feet have changed, if so I wouldn't have an issue swapping one with you. None of my mounts are foot dependent so anything works for me :D

Kurt,
I got it handled....bored it out maybe 25% bigger.......works like a champ, and now on the trails I look even more like I know what I am doing !
:doh:
Thanks for the shout-out though.....thought I would try it first @ my shop before leaning on ya. It's all good !

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom