New here, just checkin in and sayin hey... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, my name is Arya Ebrahimi as you may have figured. My family acquired a '94 FZJ 80 with the dual lockers about 4 months ago. I own a 2001 Jeep Cherokee with the following specs:

lifted 4.5", 33s, ARB in back, rock rails, ARB bumper, homemade tire carrier, etc etc.

The 80 is me and my dad's hunting/play toy and is going to be under going a very MILD buildup(doesn't need much more, just armor and some more aggressive treads).

We are currently in the market for a 98 or 99 100 with the diff lock for my mom's DD/winter travel vehicle. We also own a '97 Camry, so we're nice and familiar with Toyotas. Dad's best friend has an '88 62 with over 300k miles on it and still runnin strong.

Anyway, been lurkin for a little over a week and thought I'd introduce myself. Have a good day :)

Arya Ebrahimi

Oh yeah, I'm from Virginia Beach, if any of you know of any good 100's for sale in the Beach, Richmond, or DC area, please let me know. :)

Little more info for those who care about the Jeep. It will be recieving a Tera 50 front axle, Dana 60 rear axle, 5.13s, dual ARBs and 35s by summer.

here is a pic of the 80 with the Jeep in the back ground. This was the day we got it:

103-0310_AUT.JPG

And one of the two next to eachother:
103-0308_AUT.JPG

Arya,
Welcome to the sometimes zany 80/100 section here on ih8mud. Disregard the village idiots talking about their muffler bearings in the other thread. They know that heeps have dual muffler bearings and they know that no stock 80 ever had muffler bearings. But they drone on and on so just ignore them.

-B-

Welcome Arya Nice choice of a 80. It is the twin of my 80.
B- is just upset, he just took his muffler apart to see what a muffler bearing was and now needs a new muffler :flipoff2:

Dude, you need driving lessons on parking :D

Repeat after me... Body on frame. :flipoff2:

You will learn. :flipoff2:

BTW... Nice 80. It looks like a miniature version of mine. :D

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=8540;start=msg72718#msg72718 date=1070858712]
Welcome Arya Nice choice of a 80. It is the twin of my 80.
B- is just upset, he just took his muffler apart to see what a muffler bearing was and now needs a new muffler :flipoff2:
[/quote]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rogue, frames are over-rated :flipoff2: Would I have gotten an XJ again? Prolly not, prolly woulda picked up a locked 80 instead. Then again I like to go fast, and I have enough problems keeping my body out of the rocks and trees, two things that the 80 is not well suited for.

Now for a technical question. From time to time, I get this sloshing sound when driving around corners in the 80. We were told it was 'cause the gas level was low and it would go away after fill-up. However, I have noticed it even with quite a bit of fuel in the tank. Any ideas?? Thanks

Ary

Your rocker panels are full of water from the sunroof.
There are weep holes and some plugs on the rocker panel.
Pull a plug and water will come out. There are several weep holes that are pluged.Stick a wire ir tie strap end up there and clear the holes.

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=8540;start=msg72731#msg72731 date=1070862071]
Your rocker panels are full of water from the sunroof.
There are weep holes and some plugs on the rocker panel.
Pull a plug and water will come out. There are several weep holes that are pluged.Stick a wire ir tie strap end up there and clear the holes.
[/quote]

I KNEW IT!!! That was my original diagnosis before asking the previous owner. Unfortunately my dad is not the most mechanically inclined person in the world and needs to have these sorts of things told to him in a step by step manner. With that said, where might he find these weepholes??(I'm in college 300 miles away, so I can't just go do it). Thanks

Ary

PS/edit: is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future??

Do a search on rocker panel water and I think there is some pic.
Under the 80 look at the body part under the doors. There are some black plugs.
The hard part it the weep holes. they are where the lip of the rocker is and it look like a outword dent andmaybe a tiny hole to poke up in, that is if they are not pluged with rust/dirt.
The way to prevent it to keep them clean by poking them once in a while.
When you clean the holes, pour water in the sunfoor drain holes. The water from the sunroof drains into the rocker for some stupid reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom