New FJ meets Old FJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Smith

In the garage
SILVER Star
Threads
I went to the local dealer today to introduce the new FJ to the old FJ. :D
Most of the sales guys had no idea the FJ40 even exists... sad.
yellowfj.jpg

side by side like this... really the only front styling cues the new FJC got from the old FJ40 are the headlights and the grill.

Don't forget the white top and if you look close you can see the black fenders on the front of the new one mimic the old one. *edit* Woody beat me to the top. I really wish they would have done the front turn signals closer to the original somehow.

So who is going to start making a set of two 1/2" spacers that both go on one side?
Cant be a cruiser without a lean....

when side by side like this... the overall look-and-feel of the two don't jive well... I mean one is angular, squarish and sharp, while the other is chubby, bulbous, rounded and pregnant.

the FJC standalone has the FJ look but next to one another, they are so markedly different in styling.

beaufort-fj60 said:
looks like a redneck couple, tall and skinny with a short and fat.

that's funny ;) so which one has the mullet?

it's kinda sad to not have a removable top....good luck selling these in about a year when the removable top comes out :grinpimp:

bk

Oh gezz...of all the FJ40's to put it next to, you had to pick one of the years that didn't have a round bezel...which is funny since the round bezel is sposeto be the carry-over item...and you know if any sales drones did know what a FJ40 is they would look at that square bezel and tell you that wasn't factory for your's...

As far as side-by-side...you toss the same lift on the FJ Cruiser as your 40, which is probably about a 8" lift and then the tires...and the FJ would look pretty cool too..

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom