New CSC Member #536 Francisco Villa (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
Please welcome Francisco ( @proteolytic ) to CopperStateCruisers.

Francisco has a 1991 FJ80 and is from Yuma.

Please tell us more about yourself and your truck.

From Yuma! Are we going to be seeing you at any of the Phoenix club meetings?!?

Welcome aboard!

Hi Folks,
I saw that there looked to be no one from Yuma in the club so I figured I would join. Purchased my 1991 80 last February after owning a Jeep YJ for several years. Knew next to nothing about land cruisers when I purchased it and have been reading a lot on mud and working to base line it this last few months. I mainly got it because it offered more space inside for taking the kiddos off-roading and/or camping plus the reliability. My cruiser looks to have spent most of its life in San Diego and then spent several years in Yuma before I got it. Not too sure how well it was maintained but it doesn't appear too bad (some minor fender damage in front passenger side corner and rear life gate). Working to troubleshoot a CEL 25 and 26 code but otherwise runs and sounds fine.

My brother-in-law also has an 80 ('93 I think) and got me interested in them. He lives in Scottsdale - I will see if I can get him to join the club as well. Don't know about making too many meetings but I would like to at some point (possibly when I go and visit brother-in-law and family).

I've seen a few land cruisers here in Yuma (several 80s and a couple 100s - otherwise there are lots of 4runners and tacomas.

Professionally I am a science professor for NAU's Yuma campus - so sometimes I take business trips over to Flagstaff as well.

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome! My 92 has thrown the same codes simultaneously. It did that at 177k... Years ago after a questionable tank of gas on the Navajo Reservation. Some new Denso O2 sensors from Rock Auto took care of that problem, and I haven't seen the issue again.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Yeah, I replaced the O2 sensors back in March with new Densos and that is when the codes popped up. I suspect it might be the valve cover (looks a little wet with oil on the driver side). Once the weather cools down a bit I will do a valve adjustment (a first for me) and give it a new gasket with grommets.

That's a hell of a name. (I realize you're probably tired of people mentioning it, though!!)

Welcome to CSC!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom