New CSC member #532 Glen Farnsworth (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saddletramp

GOLD Star
Threads
Please welcome Glen ( @BookBarbarian ) to CopperStateCruisers.

Glen has a mostly stock for now 1996 FZJ80

Tell us more about yourself and your plans for the 80

Thank you for the welcome!

First things first is to fix the blown Head Gasket ;)

From there I'll go for a modest lift. I'm already running 285/75R16s at stock height. Then the next expense will be air lockers. After that, and along the way, the idea is to get the 80, the family, and the dog out around the Mogollon Rim as often as possible.

As far as myself, I've been lurking on the forums since before I bought the Cruiser back in 2013. I had a 95 4Runner at the time and my wife was wanting another SUV. She was looking at XTerras when I saw the opportunity to steer her toward the next 4x4 I wanted, so we headed from chandler to Tucson to check out the what I hoped would be my next adventure.

The plan backfired a bit as she loved the thing so much she claimed it for herself and it became her daily driver. When we sold the 4Runner I was stuck in the commuter car while she was getting compliments on the Landcruiser. No other vehicle we have owned has resulted in so many chats at parking lots.

Ironically now she is in an XTerra 6 years later ferrying our toddlers around and I'll finally get to be the primary driver of our Landcruiser once it's back on its feet (hopefully in the next couple of weeks).

Along the past 6 years I've benefited from a lot of knowledge from this forum, so many thanks from the newbie.

Welcome aboard! Let's see some pics of your ride, as we all know 1996 is the most popular model year for the 80 series!

Here it is today on the way to Camelback Toyota.
IMG_20190831_101346089_HDR.jpg

Welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom