Builds NEW Cruiser buggy - Sunray Engineering (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Progress???
Damnit man, just come out and see it. It's Mexican food day you fool!
HAHAHAHA!

Progress is hard to see at this phase, especially since we have had it apart several times but heres a few to hold you over.

The Tin Men have been hard at work, and now the plumbers are banging it out.
HPIM0771 (Small).JPG
HPIM0772 (Small).JPG
HPIM0773 (Small).JPG

nicely cropped Lance!

damn....can ya just assemble the damn thing and get it wheelin so we can see what it looks like upside down?!?!?

This is the how the front lowers tie in, that is the skid plate, highly polished I might add, just under it.

The last pic is nothing that goes on the buggy, just some beutifull headers we built that I just got back from the coater and felt was pic worthy.
LG
HPIM0774 (Small).JPG
HPIM0765 (Small).JPG

[QUOTE

damn....can ya just assemble the damn thing and get it wheelin so we can see what it looks like upside down?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Was with it till late last night............added all fluids.............ran it and exercised some of the components..........trans, atlas, front and rear axles, steering, electrical.

Mounted aluminum top plates, mounted two tires and set all the bolts for all of the beadlocks.............over 150 of those fawkers.

Drivers side interior metal done!!!!!! Still like some passenger side interior metal :frown:

Custom front grill/bezal finished, duplicate of original, but cut down to scale.

Tremendous amount of plumbing in this rig......still underway.

Can hardly wait to get Woody's special pics!!!!

Later, Jimbro

Last edited:
LanzG said:
Damnit man, just come out and see it. It's Mexican food day you fool!
HAHAHAHA!

Would love to get out there. Just busting my butt trying to get ready to leave for the Hammers...

It is really looking great! :beer:

Are you guys still on track for your Moab trip?

more like, they are ON their Moab trip....no pics til next week....

woody said:
more like, they are ON their Moab trip....no pics til next week....

Well, not ALL made it.............still lack some plumbing, sheet metal, computer issues and debugging.

Decided not to take it to Moab. Will spend the time finishing it up rather than wheeling the other rig.

Yesterday, worked on passenger side interior metal and Tom worked on the front pull down system.

Tom gave me a quick course on the hydraulics for this rig. There are three systems that run off the same pump and the requirement for the hydro boost are some what different from the steering and the other system. Still lack finishing one of the systems, should only take a day or two to complete that system.

Will try to get some pics up next week if anything significant takes place.

Later, Jimbro

I am FAAAAAAR to interested in the completion of this build. I actually had a dream last night that I saw the buggy out on a trail and I was all over that sucker like an ant on a bread crumb! First thing I was oggling, was the steering knuckles.... :D Suprisingly enough, when I woke up, I still didn't know what they looked like?!! Lance must have entered the dream at some point and CROP'd them out of my field of vision :doh:

Millsap said:
... First thing I was oggling, was the steering knuckles....

Millsap...........

Get over and take a look.............the front axle is complete.

It is installed and running.............finished weight with brakes, all steering components and fluids.............315#'s..............and how sharp will it turn?

Later, Jimbro

Jim,

On one hand I'm sorry you did not make your trip. On the other hand - I'm hopeing that I can make the maiden voyage with you!!! See you when we get back from the Hammers...

Wow.......Spent the day with the rig.

Worked on the top panels...........now complete.

Worked on the passenger front foot well...........very complicated piece, will post pics later...........90% complete.

Worked on the driver side footwell.............this was mechanically complete but needed some finish work/spit and shine, now complete.

Ran into a shifting problem a few days ago........the engine came out of Oklahoma City with computer...............the computer and wiring harness went to Houston to be modified for this application...........tail shaft adaptor was fabbed by a machine shop outsource.

When all was assembled, everything worked great except the transmission would not shift out of low gear............everything worked great, not throwing any codes but would not shift on it own or when hooked up to the analyzer and asked to shift.

Sunray guys went over every detail, spoke with all vendors involved and traced this to the speed sensor. The speed sensor spacing was off by 10 thousandth. A very unique problem that was not something you would typically run into but caused the computer to not sense speed and therefore it wouldn't tell the transmission to shift.

Plans are to put the buggy on its wheels Saturday and get some weights so we can nail down the springs for the coilovers. Took a look at the finished wheel base today and it came out at 102" +/-.

Still like a few small details, but its getting very close.................

Jimbro

Saturday 4/23/05..............

It is now on it's feet............

Took it for a short spin........

Some severe offcamber..............

Some hard articulation.

Caution.................

The skinny pedal can be hazardous to your health...........

Pictures forthcoming......................

Jimbro

Last edited:
Has to be a Mud record, twenty thousand plus view on one thread "WOW"......

The anticipation for the final product.......

Well I have no buggy action pics (I was out taking my own last week) but I hear there was plenty to be had, here are a few of it as it sits today, DIRTY I might add, JIM. :mad:

LG
Not sure how that last pic got on there, but that one handsome dude, looks like hes spanking Rock Pile, AGAIN!
HPIM0821 (Small).JPG
HPIM0822 (Small).JPG
HPIM0801 (Small).JPG

Jimbro said:
Saturday 4/23/05..............
Caution.................
The skinny pedal can be hazardous to your health...........
Pictures forthcoming..................
Jimbro said:
OK Beeatch, we have been waiting................ :mad: :confused: :eek: :doh:

Butch

just saw some pics

wow -- steering is just unreal....

since Lance is having cold water issues....here's the pics he's trying to upload....
hahahasm.JPG
HPIM0829sm.JPG

another poseur, and some backyard wheelin....I'm surprised Jim will tackle lines this tuff.....
HPIM0827sm).JPG
hahaha2sm.JPG
hahaha3sm.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom