New Cool Recovery Equipment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
Watching some Australian wheeling videos Ronny Dahl to be specific I seen them talking about ground anchors. Some of us are either doing solo adventures or are looking into doing some. They were talking specifically about the Deadman. Now most ground anchors to me looked like a pain to use and at minimum needed 2 people to get it to set. And in Sand put on your farmer hat because all you're going to do is plow. I did some further research and am impressed with the Deadman because it's compact, light, and relatively easy to use for solo recovery and not just solo vehicle but solo traveler too. Sure would beat burying a spare tire with a high lift and then having to dig that all up again. Check out the website and this video. And since we are on the subject of recovery gear have any of you stumbled across any new cool gear?

Deadman Off-Road: Creators of the Deadman Earth Anchor

Deadman Video

Although this works it doesn't look like much fun especially if your spare tire is under the vehicle and submerged.

rsz_tumblr_nyzm5en4gi1siki6jo1_1280-224x300.jpg

What do you think? How would it do in mud / muskeg and bog? I guess a spare tire could be thrown in
on top of it when it’s buried

What do you think? How would it do in mud / muskeg and bog? I guess a spare tire could be thrown in
on top of it when it’s buried

I think it would be better than a land anchor in those situations. However solo muskeg adventures I probably don't recommend, never know how bad that stuff can be. When it comes to that sort of stuff there is usually a tree around and if doing solo stuff should probably carry a fair bit of winch line extension. This could be used I'm sure in a real bind, dig out the mud best you can and drop this in and throw rocks or spare tire to get it to sink and fill it back in.

The nice think about this in my mind is that it's light and compact as compared to a regular land anchor like a pull pal.

I carry minimum 150’, 300’ if I’m going farther. I’m contemplating this. I’ve been dabbling at
making a pullpal. That seems to be the obvious choice, but no one has one so I’ve not even had a chance to
try one out just to see. As far as something close enough? Not always, I can attest to that unfortunately.
I didn’t mean real muskeg, but side road stuff up north, where the road has ended. Black spruce make crapass anchors.

I think none of us have one because they are bulky and from what I've seen don't work all that well.

But that deadman looks handy. I'll probably end up with one in the future.

But that deadman looks handy. I'll probably end up with one in the future.
I will take a hard look at it. The theory is viable and it wraps around anything, which works cause that’s all there might be. Still less money than the pullpal too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom