new bj60 in seattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,

This forum is an amazing asset and part of the reason I committed to a bj60. I imported mine a few weeks ago from 2hrs north in BC.

Its an 84, early axt turbo, ome springs, no pyro or boost gauges. While I was looking I had names for each candidate to keep them straight, the one I bought was Frankencruiser since it was made from parts of 7(now8) different cruisers. I chose it for its near complete lack of rust, low 256k kms, and *****in front passenger bench seat.

The truck is simple enough that I have a nice time working on it with my kids. In the past 2 weekends we've changed oil, transmission, transfer, diffs, also air oil and fuel filters, everythings been pretty manky which makes me think the car needs everything in the maintenance manual. Today we refilled the dry knuckles (fixed the clunk). The factory manual is very well written, nice pictures for an illiterate like me, so maybe won't need a mechanic for a while.

Anyway, thanks you all for this incredible resource, I've been hovering up your posts for the past 6weeks.

One of my dreams with this thing is to take the family for a multiweek backpacking trip in some more remote parts of canyonlands where the extra clearance is needed.

Ya, thanks again.
d7000_2013_01_31-09_41_08_jpg.jpg

Welcome and nice find. You're in the right place for info and a pretty good group of enthusiasts.

Zak check out the south sound cruisers in the club house section, a real helpful group of local guys. Congrats the purchase! I got a bj myself and I'm just south of you. And there are a few of us that love to do multi day trips out.

Kyle

front bench seat pics

Seat pics.

D7000_2013_01_31-09_48_38_jpg.jpg

D7000_2013_01_31-09_48_28_jpg.jpg

D7000_2013_01_31-09_49_08_jpg.jpg

Previous owner said he'd owned the front bench seat forever, that he'd used it in each of his 6-7 previous land cruisers.
D7000_2013_01_31-09_48_38_jpg.jpg
D7000_2013_01_31-09_48_28_jpg.jpg
D7000_2013_01_31-09_49_08_jpg.jpg

SnowboardOnSnow: I knew I'd seen your posts! You took the effort to put proper shocks on your truck.

I'll be focusing on the suspension and alignment after I'm over the initial general maintenance (which will probably take some months to stabilize).

When I got this thing I thought I'd take it to Fordahl (if only to see the look of disgust on his face), but now that I've had it a few weeks I feel like it'd be cheating if I didn't figure it out myself. Lots of measuring and math to do shock valving correctly, usually it devolves to iteration. The huge axles and diffs are unsprung weight so this tractor will never drive like a raptor but I'd love to hear more about how your shocks are working for you.

There are many here that are going to call you a bastard for having split seats (i'm one of them)... Dont take offense, we are just jealous because we want splits!! Welcome to the MUD!

thats really neat! im guessing its a rear seat split and cut up or is it a OEM part we can get?

Not made from rear seats. I found it in the electronic parts list its called a "bench seat front" so just search for bench. Feels like there is a headrest support in the frame for the middle passenger but I don't see a middle headrest offered.

Main part numbers are 71410b and 71430b.

Split benchs like that were only offered... everywhere but the US. LOL... there are guys that have had them shipped over from Australia. You are lucky to have found them and good luck finding any Walker.

Good to see a bench seat up front. I have one on the shelf as I need to get it re-covered. Looks great! Welcome.

Hi All:

Congrats on the "new" BJ-60! :D

If you can, come by the Seattle Cruiserheads meeting next Tuesday (February 12th) at Zeek's Pizza on Phinney Ridge in Seattle (near the Woodland Park Zoo.)

We would love to check-out your Land Cruiser, and talk with you about it.

Regards,

Alan

Beautiful wagon ! Love that front double passenger seat, too.
I have only ever seen them in 1981 BJ60's here in B.C. and they were always
vinyl.

Does it mount in the same manner as a single stock seat?
Here's a photo of one I came across in a wrecker.

IMG_0447.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom