New Birfields and Knuckle rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I have 97 40th LC and want to do the knuckle rebuild and don't have a lot of experience on where to buy that's the best deal for me. I want to replace the Birfields because they have already been swapped. I don't do a lot of crazy off road, just an occasional fishing or hunting outing. Nothing major but want a good heavy duty Birf. that will last. I heard Cruiser Outfitter was a good place to get this and the kit and this particular Birfield in the link below would work well for me. Any advice? I also want to replace the front exhaust with the front Cat on it as well and didn't have a clue where to go for that. I am running a Borla exhaust for Cat back.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello, I have 97 40th LC and want to do the knuckle rebuild and don't have a lot of experience on where to buy that's the best deal for me. I want to replace the Birfields because they have already been swapped. I don't do a lot of crazy off road, just an occasional fishing or hunting outing. Nothing major but want a good heavy duty Birf. that will last. I heard Cruiser Outfitter was a good place to get this and the kit and this particular Birfield in the link below would work well for me. Any advice? I also want to replace the front exhaust with the front Cat on it as well and didn't have a clue where to go for that. I am running a Borla exhaust for Cat back.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cruiser Outfitters for all the axle parts. Call them and talk to a human. They can steer you the right direction for what you desire.

Magnaflow down pipe and front cat for the exhaust. O'Reilly's, Rockauto, other FLAPS.

Get Toyota exhaust seals or they'll be leaking in 3 months.

Buy all new hardware, particularly studs off the exhaust manifold. Get Toyota for these.

McGeorge for Toyota parts.

Thank you guys y'all are awesome, very helpful. I also heard that a blocked breather tube can foul the seals as well. I think that might have happened to me. Gonna check it this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom