New addition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Granite Grinder

IH8RUST
Threads
I couldn't let Kim and Dan hoard all the Land Cruisers, so I've added to the stable a 1988 FJ62, 298,000kms. Picked her up today and drove home. Looks to be in pretty good shape (usual body rust) frame looks good. Broken rear leaf springs, auto is tired (gawd I hate auto's). Anybody got a 5 speed they want to unload? Pics

bDTey
TRUCK 002.jpg
TRUCK 004.jpg
TRUCK 005.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe there's some Nissan owners that need a 62, oh ya, it's a gasser (3F-E)
GG

Liliana? I think you should go with the license plate and call it Ernie. It looks like an Ernie!

Seeing as you already have a SWB SO wheeler, a working TD wagon, and are working on the diesel expo-style tripvagen, I think you should lower this one, 22" spinners, hydraulics, and 10 kilowatts of subwoofing goodness. :grinpimp:
But then it wouldn't look like an Ernie anymore. Never mind...

Quite the fleet you're accumulating there, Phil!

I never name any of the trucks, but the girls LOVE to put names on them. This one will be referred to mostly as Lili. I like your thinking Norm! The problem I have in the end is... to many 2H's, with a lot of miles on 'em. After watching Mud Guppie blast around (while pulling a trailer and pushing 37's) that 3F-E is looking good. Gasoline was .92 in Surrey today, diesel was 1.00. Not to mention, I'm not getting great mileage with the 2H-T. I'll bet it'll be equal to the 3F-E. I'd miss the torque, but not the hp. The hp between the 2H-T and the 3F-E is about the same, but I don't need a pyro with the gasser and she runs cool. This last summer I had extreme temps on the 2H, Steve was running warm. What that 3F-E needs is a 5 speed to wake it up.
GG

Maybe there's some Nissan owners that need a 62, oh ya, it's a gasser (3F-E)
GG

:lol: Wrong combination but your new rig almost there. When I have some $, I'll be looking for one that has a decent body and frame but needs a full heart transplant. That propane 305 and T400 has to go somewhere.

Last edited:
Nice find! Can you drive it as is with the rear springs like that or are we going to see that one roll into the shop first?

Actually, the old BJ is going to roll in there first. I desperately need to finish parting it out. The Belton suspension will be going on the FJ, + I need to start cleaning up the yard... 5 Land Cruisers, Sienna, 3/4 ton van and a 1 ton cube van is making it hard to turn around in the back yard.
GG

...I think you should lower this one, 22" spinners, hydraulics, and 10 kilowatts of subwoofing goodness. :grinpimp:

c'mon phil...you know you want to do this. i think you could pull it off. slam it, tint it, boom it...done. show these surrey gangstas how the CC roll. although you know it'll never be the mall crawler my 80 is :flipoff2:

nice score

Seeing as you already have a SWB SO wheeler, a working TD wagon, and are working on the diesel expo-style tripvagen, I think you should lower this one, 22" spinners, hydraulics, and 10 kilowatts of subwoofing goodness. :grinpimp:

c'mon phil...you know you want to do this. i think you could pull it off. slam it, tint it, boom it...done. show these surrey gangstas how the CC roll. although you know it'll never be the mall crawler my 80 is :flipoff2:

You guys are really tempting me... but I think Dan is your man for this, I'm sure Marie would love stepping down into a Land Cruiser. Better yet, it would always be on pavement... much easier to tow home :hillbilly:
GG

Oh ya, speaking of Dan... Happy Birthday!
GG

Ok then, if you insist on lifting this truck, at least meet me halfway -run some of these wicked Canadian Tire fake spinners. Bow chicka bow bow!
0412510_450_CC_v1_m56577569830722907.jpg

I'm glad to see you got it
I'm lacking parking spots right now otherwise I would have bought it for the spare parts

clean the screen on the trans filter. It may be as simple as a rinse. We washed a HJ trans screen a few months ago and the owner is all smiles now.

the gasser auto is very nice to drive on and offroad. I'm looking at a remote start right now, I'll let you know how that works out

Ya, it's got a funky vibration going on... of course, that rear leaf spring busted in half doesn't help.
GG

a wacked out pinion angle from the broken spring maybe

cold day starts are great, you start it, you quickly scrape the windows then start driving, a few minutes later you start feeling warm air from the heater. It's like having a chev engine

Can't wait to try the cold start days, or swap out the suspension... darn this working everyday sucks!
GG

cold day starts are great, you start it, you quickly scrape the windows then start driving, a few minutes later you start feeling warm air from the heater. It's like having a chev engine

What, your diesels don't do that?

Nice find GG, sorry for the late reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom