New 100 Owner - just adding to my stable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The kids get older and things change. Some of you may remember the article in TT "the daughters of Romer". My daughters and I made a habit of wheeling together and our three trucks were a normal site to see caravaning to Moab, Ouray, Black Hills or other places in the Rockies the last 6 years.

My older daughter Rachel (daughterofromer) is getting married and moving out west of Scranton for a few years. She needed a car with good gas mileage so we sold her 4runner and bought a SCION TC. She plans on moving back to Colorado in a few years and then getting another 4WD.

My younger daughter Sarah (ROD! - Romers other daughter) has a 80 series. She is about to graduate with her EE degree and wanted her to have something newer that she could wheel, but would last her for the next 10 years, so we bought another 2004 white Land Cruiser for her.

Found a great deal on a 2004 in Santa Fe that had only 83K miles on the clock. It was at a Toyota dealer and I got them to throw in the 90K service. Price out the door was $21K.

On the way home we called Christo and made a stop in Golden picking up the front and rear bumpers. Same rear as me (Slee), but we got the TJM for the front that wasn't available when I was looking.

She is pretty sad about selling her 80, she feels it has protected her for 6+ years.

So in the future, if you see two white 100 series caravaning that look the same, but only one has a snorkel, that would be us. Hopefully in a couple of years we will get back to a three vehicle caravan
Capture.jpg

Since I am missing my first Cruise Moab in 8 years, I decided to give the truck some attention today

Mmmmm Black

The OEM Rims stuck out past the tires, these do not

That looks mean as hell.

I'm probably going to be buying the :princess: a 100 when she's ready to give up her Versa.

Hopefully she won't mind if I "tinker" with it to make it look more like this :D

Found a great deal on a 2004 in Santa Fe that had only 83K miles on the clock. It was at a Toyota dealer and I got them to throw in the 90K service. Price out the door was $21K...

That is a great deal, especially with the 90k service. I bet she won't miss the 80 after a few days in the 100. :D

Another visit to Slee for Lockers and lift and they look almost like twins. You can see the slight differences between the ARB front bumper and the TJM
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom