needed: electrical connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My old BJ just about caught fire as a live wire chaffed through, causing a short. The end result was it melted one of the 2 large blade type connectors inside the round off-white/opaque toyota electrical connector. Better than a fire caused by about 1000amps for 40-50 seconds but I've ruined that round off-white toyota connector.
In the end I need a toyota connector,( it appears water tight as it has a couple rubber gaskets), This connector carries juice from my battery to the relay and the glow plugs. It has two wires going in each end. Any body have one can email me to set up arrangements.
thanks
Aaron

glow plug relay

:confused: can you tell me where they hide the glow plug relay on a 1997 landcruiser gs 4.2 diesel please

daz said:
:confused: can you tell me where they hide the glow plug relay on a 1997 landcruiser gs 4.2 diesel please

it should say in your factory service manual

but also this is a hijack on the above mentioned question.

magnus_heydoc said:
Any body have one can email me to set up arrangements.
thanks
Aaron

sorry I do not. but how were you going to wire it on? were you going to buttsplice it in or is there a way to disassemble the plug to resolder wires in?

if you were going to splice it on, you could bypass the connector and do a good solder job with shrink wrap on it. that would be fairly enviromental. you could even use some dielectric grease over inside the shrink wrap to prevent any corrosion from happening.

glad a fire never claimed a old BJ

buttsplicer not buttpirate!

yeah, I was just going to splice it in. Technically I'm not sure exactly what the connector accomplishes that buttsplicing wouldn't. I sort of had the addition of a fuse in the back of my mind somehow. I'm sort of surprised there wasn't a fuse in that circuit. Could have been a wicked fire and then possibly no more surf rig!
That connector was water tight I believe, maybe that's it's only purpose. Just wanted to replace the OEM part. Any idea if there is a part number for that?

Ol'smoothy

I just wanted to smooth things over before I cram a turbo in there.
For the last few mornings she needed a lil'Ether!

magnus_heydoc said:
I just wanted to smooth things over before I cram a turbo in there.
For the last few mornings she needed a lil'Ether!

I am told jap diesels don't last very long using ether. They are not very liking of that torture. but when you don't have glow plugs............what to do?

If your going to buttsplice using the connector reallly serves no purpose.

IMOP just solder it. Buttsplices are better used inside the truck. Under the hood you are asking for trouble. They turn green fast.

what is it with the bj's and fire this week. Sorry I can't help.. I was looking for a connector too so I went to the salvage yard and yanked a few off a 60.. none were the same blade. DOH. anyway good luck with your cruiser..

I just got JACKED!

So I went to the Toyota dealer to see if they had a 'box with various connectors' and the parts guy, a super nice guy--very knowledgeable, sold me a thick wire like what was on the original, with a blade on the end. It was pretty much the same except it didn't have the little lock tab so I siliconed it in place inside the original connector----the only problem is that one blade connector was 9 dollars after taxes!!! Now that's not a rip off, that's a jack!

Works fine now however, I'm heading to the boneyard to see if I can find some trucks to rob.
ADJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom