Need pics of winch on factory bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like the thread title states. I would like to install a winch, maybe a Warn 8274, on my factory bumper on my FJ75. I have used the search function, but have not found any pictures. I have seen several bumpers like mine with a canvas cover over the winch, but what winch is it? Some factory PTO job? Is an aftermarket Warn possible? 8274?

Thanks for the help. Not much to compare to where I live.

Sid

Some pictures of my factory bumper.
FJ75lift 010.jpg
FJ75lift 011.jpg

There are four factory winch options on the 70 series, and 2 that fit the later 70 series with the shallower bumper like yours.

Personally, I'd take what you can get for a reasonable price, and since you're in the US, you should look at an M8274.

If you search in the forum under winch, I am sure you will find some pictures and other discussion.

~John

Thanks for the help guys.

Does anyone have a Warn M8274 installed on a factory Toyota bumper like the bumper I have on my truck?

Sid

Just thought about this. Since my factory bumper sticks out further from the front of the truck, if I put an ARB bumper on will it also stick out further. Will I need to shorten the frame horns?

Sid

Sid,
If you make it to the blood drive on Saturday, my house is about 2 miles away so you could stop by & check out the details on the bumper I built for the BJ70.

Just thought about this. Since my factory bumper sticks out further from the front of the truck, if I put an ARB bumper on will it also stick out further. Will I need to shorten the frame horns?

No, horns are the same, just bigger bumper hanging off of them.

Sid,
If you make it to the blood drive on Saturday, my house is about 2 miles away so you could stop by & check out the details on the bumper I built for the BJ70.

Larry, Thanks for the offer, but can't make it this weekend. Maybe some other time.

Sid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom