Need Hood Release Cable Replaced in Tucson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last year I replaced my hood release cable and I don't know if it got the wrong one (it didn't look like the one that I removed) but it doesn't stay in the holder on the back of the lever. Also the latch is acting up and the hood won't stay latched. Since I didn't have luck trying to fix it myself I'm looking for a place in Tucson where I can take it to get it fixed. My guy retired and moved out of state so I need a new guy.

Thanks.

You know if you ordered the correct part. Did that release cable match up to the one you removed? Does the latch appear to be worn? Is the latch actually closing fully? Maybe it needs to be lubricated.

As for the cable liberating itself from the latch, try slipping it back and clamping it again. Their comes a point where the man on the scene has to access the situation and try something even if it’s wrong. We all make mistakes.

It was the part that the shop manual said was the correct part but it looked different from what came off of it. The cable slips out of the lever under the dash.

How do I lubricate the latch?

It was the part that the shop manual said was the correct part but it looked different from what came off of it. The cable slips out of the lever under the dash.

How do I lubricate the latch?
Did you buy an OEM Toyota cable or an aftermarket cable?

Lube the latch with PB Blaster or Spray type White Lithium grease, or even dribble engine oil on it where the parts move.

It was OEM.

I'm just looking for a shop in Tucson where I can take it.

A hood latch cable should be, maybe a 15 minute job. And one that ANY shop can do.

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom