Need help with Tires please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So excuse us for not being fully knowledgeable (yet) when it comes to tire standards but we are going from factory rims 18” to 20” that I ordered for our 2016 LC. I found a great deal on a set of 4 Hankook Dynapro HT in 275/55/20 111H so picked them up today with ability to return them as long as they are not mounted.

A great co-worker recommended a person who has decades of experience mounting tires and specializes in high end vehicles. The guy apparantly does his full research and I spoke with him for first time today.

He basically informed me that the tire I picked up can work easily but the only issue is load index. He recommended 275/55/20 All-Season tire with load index of 117 Euro-Metrix XL with rating of at least H for the 2016 Land Cruiser.

Any feedback or prior experience will be greatly appreciated.

The stock tires are 116V, so your tire guy is correct. I wouldn't go any lower than that. Tires are so important, don't try to cut costs. Get premium tires worthy of carrying your LC. Michelin or Cooper is what I would recommend. There should be sales and rebates for labor day.

So excuse us for not being fully knowledgeable (yet) when it comes to tire standards but we are going from factory rims 18” to 20” that I ordered for our 2016 LC. I found a great deal on a set of 4 Hankook Dynapro HT in 275/55/20 111H so picked them up today with ability to return them as long as they are not mounted.

A great co-worker recommended a person who has decades of experience mounting tires and specializes in high end vehicles. The guy apparantly does his full research and I spoke with him for first time today.

He basically informed me that the tire I picked up can work easily but the only issue is load index. He recommended 275/55/20 All-Season tire with load index of 117 Euro-Metrix XL with rating of at least H for the 2016 Land Cruiser.

Any feedback or prior experience will be greatly appreciated.

First of all, those Hankook Dynapro HT tires are P-Metric size P275/55R20 with a Load Index of 111 and a Speed Rating of H. These cannot be inflated to any pressure sufficient to support the Load Limit required for your 2016 LC200 - they are unacceptable for use and you should return them.

The ISO Metric 275/55R20 XL 117 H when inflated to 36psi would provide a Load Limit acceptable for use on your LC200.

HTH

Last edited:
Thank you both. I will be returning them and ordering All-Season 117H in Nitto

Thank you both. I will be returning them and ordering All-Season 117H in Nitto

If you know the exact tire name, size and description, it would be helpful tp post it here and I can check whether it is OK and also confirm the Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for you.

HTH

If you know the exact tire name, size and description, it would be helpful tp post it here and I can check whether it is OK and also confirm the Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for you.

HTH
Nitto NT420V P275/55/20 117H All-Season

Product Spec
  • Brand: Nitto
  • Style: NT420V
  • Size: 275/55R20
  • Load Index: 117
  • Speed Index: H
  • Load Range: XL

So excuse us for not being fully knowledgeable (yet) when it comes to tire standards but we are going from factory rims 18” to 20” that I ordered for our 2016 LC.

Nitto NT420V P275/55/20 117H All-Season

Product Spec
  • Brand: Nitto
  • Style: NT420V
  • Size: 275/55R20
  • Load Index: 117
  • Speed Index: H
  • Load Range: XL

I don't know which wheels you are going to use, so I cannot speak to whether you might have any tire clearance problems, but I can recommend a tire pressure.

The Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for those ISO Metric 275/55R20 117H XL Nitto NT420V tires on your 2016 LC200 is 36psi Front/Rear.

HTH

Last edited:
I don't know which wheels you are going to use, so I cannot speak to whether you might have any tire clearance problems, but I can recommend a tire pressure.

The Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for those Euro-Metric 275/55R20 117H XL Nitto NT420V tires on your 2016 LC200 is 36psi Front/Rear.

HTH
I’ll be using aftermarket 20x8.5 with offset of 60. Here’s a picture with specs

D12B4501-CBD6-4BBC-89BC-1EB3B1A390C1.jpeg

The stock tires are 116V, so your tire guy is correct. I wouldn't go any lower than that. Tires are so important, don't try to cut costs. Get premium tires worthy of carrying your LC. Michelin or Cooper is what I would recommend. There should be sales and rebates for labor day.

I was just looking at the spare on my 2015 which I think might be original and the rating on it is 114V.

To tag along with a tire question. I planning on replacing the tires the dealer installed on my rig (recently bought a 2105 LC). They are a basic M/S rate tire and I am planning to put an A/T on. Currently the tires are the stock 285/60/R18 116v (11.2" x 31.5'). I am looking at either 275/65/R18 (10.8" x 32.1") or 265/70/R18 (10.4" x 32.6"). My old T100 had 265/70/R16 on it and I found the width to be adequate but its a T100. I have read about people running 275/65/R18 and 275/70/R18 which the latter seem to have some minor rubbing issues sans some lift.

I would be interested in hearing others thoughts/experience going to a slightly narrower and taller tire.

That should be OK.
So the tires I went with are Toyo Open Country Q/T 275/55/20 XL 117H. What pressure are we looking at?

Anyone with prior Toyo open country experience?

many thanks

@gaijin ,

I just installed 285/50/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s on my 14 LX570 on stock wheels. Can you kindly recommend the tire pressure to run? I live in Portland OR if it matters. Thank you

The Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure (RCTIP) for those ISO Metric 285/50R20 116S XL Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires on your 2014 LX570 is 34psi Front/Rear.

HTH

Last edited:
So the tires I went with are Toyo Open Country Q/T 275/55/20 XL 117H. What pressure are we looking at?

Anyone with prior Toyo open country experience?

many thanks

The RCTIP for those ISO Metric 275/55R20 XL 117H Toyo Open Country Q/T tires on your 2016 LC200 is 36psi F/R.

HTH

Last edited:
The Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure (RCTIP) for those Euro-Metric 285/50R20 116S XL Nitto Terra Grappler G2 tires on your 2014 LX570 is 34psi Front/Rear.

HTH
Thank you sir.

I realized after leaving the tire shop that they inflated by Dunlop Grand Trek spare to 51psi. Will it cause harm to leave it as is?

Out of curiosity, where do you get your tire inflation data?

Thank you sir.

I realized after leaving the tire shop that they inflated by Dunlop Grand Trek spare to 51psi. Will it cause harm to leave it as is?

Out of curiosity, where do you get your tire inflation data?

You're welcome - always glad to help.

I also overinflate my spare, just so I am sure that no matter how cold it gets the spare will be at least adequately inflated. Of course, if I need to use the spare, I deflate it to the RCTIP before driving on it. As long as the 51psi your tire shop inflated your spare to is not above the maximum inflation pressure embossed on the tire sidewall, it should not be a problem.

Everything one needs to know about determining correct RCTIP for non-stock tires for most common use cases is in this excellent monograph on the subject published by Toyo Tires: Guide to Application of Load and Inflation Tables. I also purchase the Tire and Rim Association, Inc. Yearbooks in order to have the latest tables and other info.

HTH

You're welcome - always glad to help.

I also overinflate my spare, just so I am sure that no matter how cold it gets the spare will be at least adequately inflated. Of course, if I need to use the spare, I deflate it to the RCTIP before driving on it. As long as the 51psi your tire shop inflated your spare to is not above the maximum inflation pressure embossed on the tire sidewall, it should not be a problem.

Everything one needs to know about determining correct RCTIP for non-stock tires for most common use cases is in this excellent monograph on the subject published by Toyo Tires: Guide to Application of Load and Inflation Tables. I also purchase the Tire and Rim Association, Inc. Yearbooks in order to have the latest tables and other info.

HTH
Glad to know Toyo is reliable in this aspect :D
Now how about the specific tire which I purchased? :p I don’t do any offroading and mainly City/Highway is what I used the LC for (Mostly leisure)

Glad to know Toyo is reliable in this aspect :D
Now how about the specific tire which I purchased? :p

I already gave you the tire pressure, what else do you want to know?

I already gave you the tire pressure, what else do you want to know?
I appreciate your input with the tire pressure. I was just wanting to know general reliability of Toyo if you had any experience with it :D

I appreciate your input with the tire pressure. I was just wanting to know general reliability of Toyo if you had any experience with it :D

Sorry, I have no experience with the tire (or size) you ordered. Toyo is definitely a top tier tire manufacturer, so no doubt about the quality of the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom