Need help determining the value of this LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First I apologize if I shouldnt be posting this, but I've been going back and forth in my mind the last week and I need some objective advice. It's 1996 LX450, 111,000 miles. No lockers. Guy on a different forum is selling it and he's about 600 miles away so I want to be pretty close to sure I'm getting it before I drive out there. He's asking $6,000. Also I remember when he bought it 3 years ago and it had the accident damage, so I know he didnt buy it just to flip it, it was his personal car.

Heres some details he gave me:
It's got two minor scrapes on the bumper cover. It's black.

I own a body shop, and I bought it after someone scraped it down the side on a parking garage pole or something. I have pics of the damage when I bought it. All factory parts and good title. I replaced the doors and had it painted.

There's a small stain in the back seat, looks like a pen burst in someone's pocket, it's small and not really noticable, and can likely be cleaned out or dyed over, but I thought I would mention it.

There's a door ding in the driver's door, you can only see it be looking down the body toward a light source, but it's there.

There's a small crack in the driver taillight lens. Not even enough to fix, and it's a red lens over a red bulb, but still. It's like a star shaped rock chip in a windshield.

The stuff above the very rear window on the driver's side is just adhesive. I parked on the street one fxxxing night, and some crackhead busted that window and stole the change out of console. I used body masking tape to tape plastic over it while waiting on new factory glass from a euro model (No cell phone antenna, so it opens), I got the glass in, and drove it for two days and someone broke into my apartment building garage and cut off a bunch of catalytic converters, of course mine was one of them, lol. It's been one of those months

There's normal wear on the driver's seat. It's clean, and it's not cracked open or anything, but there's the "wrinkling" a little on the seat cushion by the door where you put your weight when you get in. Aside from that, and the small spot in the second row seat that will likely come out, the interior is probably an 8/10.

There's no rust at all. I have a rack, and I've been all over it and under it a bunch of times.

Lemme see...

It's missing one of the wheel center caps, I keep forgetting to replace it, it's $30 at Lexus.

It has one size over stock Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers on stock wheels, the tires have about 15k on them. Still tons of tread.

Unless I'm forgetting something, that's literally every single minor flaw.

IMG_20101101_232235.jpg

IMG_20101101_232215.jpg

Low mileage and reasonably priced. He is (hopefully) divulging all the flaws which is a good sign in my book. He is a Mud member so probably a standup guy :hmm:. I might inquire about maintenance history such as PHH, HG, axle service. Maybe you could negotiate the price depending on what needs to be done. Overall....I say go for it!

Low mileage and reasonably priced. He is (hopefully) divulging all the flaws which is a good sign in my book. He is a Mud member so probably a standup guy :hmm:. I might inquire about maintenance history such as PHH, HG, axle service. Maybe you could negotiate the price depending on what needs to be done. Overall....I say go for it!

He said he's been meticulous with maintenance and I have reason to believe him. Also said he just replaced the rear hubs and went through the whole axle.

I would make him knock $250 off for the jacked up antenna.

Going down to 6k was because of the antenna and broken sunroof motor.

So it's not a great price or anything? I dont think I'll bother with it then, theres plenty around here. I was just interested in the lower mileage.

Yeah, I think the locker issue will bite me in the ass eventually.

not bad at all

depending on your plans and use for the Cruiser, I'd say it's a pretty good deal. I don't have lockers, but then again I don't plan on doing any heavy off roading. I use mine as a DD and family wagon with an occasional weekend adventure. Miles are good for the age and price seems fair.

111K on a cruiser is hard to find, seller seems honest.
Price seems fair. Any rust?
My vote:
Snag that Lexus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom