Need for a Facebook Group? (2 Viewers)

Should we start a Facebook Group?

• Yes, my device only uses Facebook.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Yes, because Mud doesn't have an app anymore. (what's a web browser?)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Yes, Facebook is life.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No. This forum on Mud is good enough. (I love web browsers!)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No. We have a Facebook page already. Do we really need a GROUP and a PAGE?

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No. Start an Instagram account instead, that is linked to a Twitter account, so I can Snapchap it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YotaJosh

SILVER Star
Threads
Seems like more and more people use FB exclusively than ever before. Should RLC maintain a FB group (along with it's marketing page, and this forum)? Would that engage more people?

I know that for the small business that I help operate, our FB Group has WAY more interaction than our Business Page. We get some likes here and there on the page, and it's good for potential customers to be able to reach out, but I'd say it is absolutely worth having a Group for people to stay connected and involved once they are "in the door."

I agree 100% with a FB group. Way more people find the page from "suggested pages" and features such as that. Forums are a cool place to document things, but the reality of it is that social media platforms such as FB are much user friendly and attract more people.

How many folks do you know with a Mud account...compare those to how many people you know that have a FB account...

I have a FB acct that I very rarely use, but I am in the 1%. I see other similar FB groups with tons of members and post contributions planning activities, posting pics, discussions, etc. that do very well, and I think it's a great way to spread the word, especially the fact this group welcomes any Toyota with a transfer case. Lots out there, worth a shot IMO.

FB is not LIFE for me but it is for many. If you want to expand and grow you have to use it. Period. It is the best way to interact and get people interested in something. The Overland Groups are exploding and guys join all of them not just one. If we have a group where we can post get togethers and rides (if we have them), it is the best way to get that info out there and get participation.

If we have a group where we can post get togethers and rides (if we have them), it is the best way to get that info out there and get participation.

Well, this forum was just for that purpose. And has been here for a decade or more. :meh:

Well, this forum was just for that purpose. And has been here for a decade or more. :meh:
I don't disagree. And I will be honest like I always am. I do see a very outdated website and not enough participation or want to to have a meeting or get together in months. Like I stated on the FB page it depends on whether you want to reach out and gain new members or not. If you don't, keep doing what you're doing. If you do....drastic times/drastic measures.

I don't disagree. And I will be honest like I always am. I do see a very outdated website and not enough participation or want to to have a meeting or get together in months. Like I stated on the FB page it depends on whether you want to reach out and gain new members or not. If you don't, keep doing what you're doing. If you do....drastic times/drastic measures.

I don't disagree. I can't reflect much change being 3 hours away from LR, but I believe if we want to attract new members we need a revitalization that will breathe new life into the group.

Land Cruisers are a pretty small niche to begin with, and there are several other groups competing for the same general purpose anymore. Maybe reaching out to other groups for joint trail runs and trips, inviting them to meetings, etc. I know just about every model of Toyota 4x4 has a group, chat, event planning, etc. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom