need cone washers...help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have not been able to find the cone washers for the steering arms from a 79 and up anywhere...at least at a reasonable cost that is.  2.50 apiece seems a bit steep when i need 16.  anyway, do you all know where i might be able to find them at a better cost.?

Go to a local self serve junkyard and find some 79-85 Toyota minitrucks. You need to find two of them if you want 16 cone washers since they only have them on the steering arm. The lower bearing cap uses regular washers and nuts. If you get the minitruck bearing caps then you only need 8. At least at my local Pick N Pull a nod or a smile is enough for conewashers like these, but they see me there often.

BTW while you're in there you might as well as "harvest" the birfields ;)

Dave

doing the mini swap as we speak. Reason i need the cone washers is that they weren't on the knuckles when i bought them. Oh, well. Thanks a ton.

You did notice that you only need 8. None are installed on the lower caps.

i never even bothered to look at the bottom caps. Stupid me. I just assumed that they were on them too. You know what they say about when you assume. You make an ass out of u and me. That is what my high school english teacher used to always sy that is. Any one have any laying aroud that they would be willing to part with for cheap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom