Need advice on how to sell my 1998 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did a quick 💯 series ended auctions search for LC and LX examples on BaT:
Years: '98 - '06
Average Sale Price for 22 examples: $27,702.00

I then did a Nationwide Market Survey for Asking Prices on 💯 series LC only:
Years: '03 - '08
Average asking Price for 21 examples: $24,857.00

During both searches I found no '07 examples...?

Cheers mates,
G

You need to hit the specialized market of people who know what this is. Normal people think it's the same thing as a 4Runner and wonder why yours is so expensive.

I, on the other hand, once encountered a seller who thought her 1999 LC 100 was a 4Runner, and was pricing it accordingly. Yes, she was very elderly, and no, I ididn't get the deal; someone snatched it up before I could.

1614275212763.png

Here's my listing
Check engine light is now off. It was upstream o2 sensor, replaced with the correct Denso unit

I'm very tempted to keep the LX at this point. I feel like so much of the maintenance has been done, it drives great. I feel that I won't be able to buy one this nice for this money when I decide I want one again. My wife is definitely more inclined to see this sold. This has just turned into such a headache with people looking for perfect examples, thinking they're experts, or offering $2,000. I've had about a dozen crazy lowball offers on facebook, and I don't even respond to those. That and a couple people saying "it's way too rusty" and I'm wondering "compared to?"

I'm very tempted to keep the LX at this point. I feel like so much of the maintenance has been done, it drives great. I feel that I won't be able to buy one this nice for this money when I decide I want one again. My wife is definitely more inclined to see this sold. This has just turned into such a headache with people looking for perfect examples, thinking they're experts, or offering $2,000. I've had about a dozen crazy lowball offers on facebook, and I don't even respond to those. That and a couple people saying "it's way too rusty" and I'm wondering "compared to?"
Wow, 6950 seems to cheap. You could part it out and make more :hmm:
Putting up more pics will help (especially undercarriage). I have some corrosion on my 2004, most of it knocks off with a wire brush/cleaner and pressure washer. My 98 with 320k (100% dependable, complete suspension rebuild, zero rust, but needs interior/body work, had it since 2003) is ‘worth’ practically nothing, would never sell it at market prices. My guess is whatever you replace it with will end up costing you a lot more $$ in the long run.

The earlier dash (no nav, HVAC rotary dials) is a far superior interface/ easily upgradeable in my opinion.

I think you have a good price too. Would probably be worth it brush off surface rust and paint with rustoleum. If some rust is beyond that - describe in more detail. Either way, I think the quick glances of rust are turning away possible serious buyers. That said, if I was buying, I would be looking at your truck!

Keep it- if your wife is yammering on about how its costing too much to drive an insure, park it, take the plates off and maybe keep liability only on there for when you drive it around the block once every other week.

I will suggest taking new pictures so they reflect the current season. It means the pictures are recent and less likely to be a scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom