Need A Referral for Axle Repair - Nashville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Believe the steering arm has fallen off my 97 LC80. Consensus on the tech forum is that the bolts probably sheared off and it may need an axle rebuild as well. It is my daughters college car and I don't have time to do it. I am bringing it back to Nashville as it is long overdue on PM and misc maintenance.
Would appreciate a referral of someone who would do a good job checking the axle out and possible rebuild.

IMG_0583.JPG

TLC Automotive
242 E James Campbell Blvd
Columbia, TN 38401

(931) 548-2154

Barry is a good guy and a great Toyota mechanic. He will take good care of you. It is a little south of town, but he has a solid reputation and owns several 80s and a number of other Toyotas as well. I haven't had any work done personally, but a number of the STLCA guys have and say he is definitely worth the ride.

Assuming no one hurt? Goes without saying could have been bad. Without seeing close up would guess steering arm knuckle studs as well...have seen a few shear off.

Wish I knew of a shop around Nashville, but if above referral doesn't work you may want to post on STLCA page as well.

Agreed that might as well rebuild front axle while in there...save headaches down the road.

Good luck with it!

Got the LC back to Nashville today, but had an interesting time getting it on the trailer. The arm fell off while my daughter was driving about 40 mph. She said there was a boom and the steering was very responsive, but it tracked straight and she pulled off the road. Absolutely amazing to me after putting it on the trailer today.
Thanks for the referral. I am on the Franklin side of town so only about 40 min from Columbia. Will call him Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom