Need a Place to change oil. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Anyone in the Alexandria area willing to let me come over and change my oil? As most of you know I am stuck here in NOVA during the week and my weekends fill up fast.

804.479.2972 or send me a PM

Thanks

think you can just pick any non busy street if you have to. You should have up to 3 days to work on a vehicle on a city/state road before anyone would really care. That is the law in fairfax at least to my understanding.

DH, you always have a (think outside the box attitude) I love that. I guess I should have clarified a couple of things. I don't have a pan with me and did not really want to buy yet another oil changing pan. Did not come up this week prepared to do this but wanted to get it done while I was up here during the week. I know I am a cheap bastard not wanting to buy another pan. Hmm gas to get to Chris's or autozone oil pan??

Chris, thanks again for the offer but I think I'm just going to buy an oil pan.

I would drive up to Maryland and go to Dan F's house...you don't even need a catch pan, just drop all the oil on his front lawn. He doesn't care :)

DH, you always have a (think outside the box attitude) I love that. I guess I should have clarified a couple of things. I don't have a pan with me and did not really want to buy yet another oil changing pan. Did not come up this week prepared to do this but wanted to get it done while I was up here during the week. I know I am a cheap bastard not wanting to buy another pan. Hmm gas to get to Chris's or autozone oil pan??

Chris, thanks again for the offer but I think I'm just going to buy an oil pan.

Yea, I used to live with a HOA and wasn't allowed to do any automotive work on their managed area, including the parking spot in front of my house. I'd have to drive down the road to a turn around to legally do any work on my vehicles.
If you slowly open the drain plug and let it dribble out with the plug still partially threaded then you could prob get away with just using a few of those 3l water bottles with a big funnel instead of buying another drain pan. Open the drain plug too fast and you'll have two gallons of oil everywhere quick.
I only use the big 5 gal open top green drain pans now, mainly because of how quickly and how much the 2f will dump oil once the plug is removed.

Yeah I learned that the hard way on my first OC. Oil everywhere what a mess. So I cut the top out of m catch pan.

I can loan you a pan, I will bring it with me when I come to the meeting...of course you need to empty it before you give it back.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer but I am going to wait till the weekend and squeeze it in with everything else thats on my weekend plate. A few more days won't hurt anything

Late to the party, but I did all my work on a less busy street when I lived in Alexandria. Oil, belts, front brakes. If you can get someone with a larger vehicle to park behind you that tends to reduce the close calls you have once in a while from inattentive drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom