Need a good wrench (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

Got the FJ40 (76 w/2F), home Friday. It drove good from West Hartford to Middletown.

Spent a bunch of hours Sat & Sunday getting the kinks worked out of it. Seems pretty good now.

I need some help with carb adjustment and lifter adjustment. Any of you guys good at this, or can you point me towards a good mechanic in CT area? I think the mix & idle is out of adjustment. Also the lifters tick a bit. The oil pressure seems a tad high, if the guage is accurate, I was going to change the oil with some 1040.

Spencer. In meriden maybe? I cant remember where exactly but he has worked on a my cruiser. if no one chimes in with his number send an email to the group on Yahoo and someone will...

not sure how is he with carbs but he is an honest guy, he will tell you.

If you can wait until next weekend I can show you how to adjust the valves. If you keep the cruisers you'll need to know how to do it. Makes a huge difference in how they run, especially if they're noisy now. ;)

Don't know nuttin about them newfangled carburetors. :D

Jim, That would be great & much appriciated. I have been pouring a bunch of time into the vehicle every day. Just ironing out issues the PO had left. It is shaping up to be really nice IMO.

The hard top and ambulance doors have got some rust issues, but I have some extra doors. Just really need a driver side hard top side panel and a bunch or door/window seals.

Been going through all the mechanicals. Gonna flush the cooling later today.

Spencer; Wheeling Motors; Cell No.

His cell is 203- 687-0030. He is in Meridan . :)

Great I will give him a call...

Just replied to your PM...did not realize you posted the contact info.

Thanks,

Don't want to take any biz away from Spence, I'm sure he'll let you watch a valve adjustment too. Me, I'd just point and make you get all frustrated. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom