Navigation DVD note: Gen 2 7.1 to 13.1 update ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I need to update my 06 LX. Anyone have advice on the best DVD vendor for this venture and where to get it?

So I have discovered that my 2002 LC Nav only has turn by turn directions in certain cities, this is as per the drivers manual. Will updating the map dvd allow turn by turn directions at all locations?

So I have discovered that my 2002 LC Nav only has turn by turn directions in certain cities, this is as per the drivers manual. Will updating the map dvd allow turn by turn directions at all locations?
Some DVD versions are East Coast or West Coast specific. Also make sure you have the region set for your particular state or region.

I’ve got a 2006. I purchased this one and it installed flawlessly.

About a day later, I could hear the drive fighting to read (whirring noise), although everything seemed to work fine. I removed the disk and blew off dust (didn’t see anything) and reinserted, and the noise went away. I haven’t tried to navigate beyond my area, though, and for kicks had looked at a route beyond my region after installing, which worked.

I’m not sure that trying to read another part of the disc caused the whirring, and I haven’t tried since.

My wife's subaru has basically the same Kenwood based system, and I've just downloaded the Toyota/Lexus nav software from pirate bay and burned it to a DVD myself.

With the bootlegged software (which is what I presume you're buying from ebay, some guy burning it to DVD himself), you have to put in a legit DVD first and get it to recognize it, then swap in the updated bootleg DVD. I occasionally have to do that if the battery has been disconnected a while.

Correct. The ebay seller provides instructions that the (pirate) DVD you bought from them has to be inserted within 10 seconds after removing the original. I'm assuming this has to do with preventing the drive to reset itself after that time. If it does, just re-insert the original disc and try it again.

FWIW my pirated DVD has worked flawlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom